Chapter 10: Headed Out

Let me tell you all. I appreciate all of your support before we begin this chapter.

The group walks through the forest.

Luke: "Now, you said it was just up here?"

Clementine: "Yeah. Just a little ways."

Rebecca: "Hey, Clem... Sorry if I gave you some shit back there, I'm just a little on edge." Rebecca passes Alvin and stops next to You and Clem.

Y/N: "Why is Carver after you?"

Rebecca: "After me? Oh, you mean us. It's a long story. He...he has a hard time letting go."

Rebecca: "I know you did your best back there. You know, none of us would make it on our own. Sometimes it's hard knowing just how dependent I am on everyone. I'm not used to that. I'm not comfortable with that. I'm supposed to be a mom soon. Guess I need to work on my patience. Alvin and I still don't know what to call her, or him, if that man gets his wish, god help me. Any ideas?"

Clem and you break off from the group and walk a different direction. Luke, Clem, You, Alvin, Carlos, and Nick approach the truck.

Clementine: "There. That's where we were..."

Nick runs up and opens the doors.

Nick: "He's not in here!"

Y/N: "This was the last place I saw him."

Alvin: "Maybe he's around here somewhere."

Carlos: "Keep your eyes open. And stay in sight."

You see a trail of blood leading behind a rock.

Nick: "Pete!"

Nick: "Uncle Pete!"

Nick: "Anyone see him?!"

You discover Pete's disemboweled body, the guts hang out of the large hole inside his chest while the ribs show too. The others join you.

Nick: "Oh, my god. What happened? What the hell happened?"

Carlos: "He's been shot."

Clementine: "He didn't have a gun. Who did this?"

Luke hugs Nick.

Alvin: "Son of a bitch..."

Carlos: "We need to go."

Luke: "He's gone, Nick. He--he's gone. We gotta get movin'. Come on, man." They start walking behind you and the group. Luke walks with his hand on nicks shoulder.

The group continues walking through the forest.

Nick: "Tell me. Tell me how it happened."

Y/N: "The last thing he said was he wanted to say goodbye to you."

Nick: "Fuck..." Nick slows his pace and stops behind the group then continues walking even slower barely with the group. Luke looks back at him with a frown on before turning back to You and Clem who are at his side.

Luke: "I'm worried about that kid. Keep an eye on him for me, would you? You...sure you still wanna come with us? Look, I know we got off to a rough start. And I can't make any promises it won't get rougher. But we all know you now. And we may not be perfect, but we look out for each other."

Clementine: "we don't have anywhere else to go."

Y/N: "What about Chr-" Clem elbows you in your side Lightly.

Clementine: "We'll look for her."

Luke: "Well, then, welcome to the party." Luke continues, probably not hearing the light Conversation between you and Clementine.

Y/N: "Yeah, thanks."

Luke: "We're, uh...we're smarter than we look."

Luke takes out a large map. "I figure we got about four or five days to reach those mountains. Now, if they're trackin' us, we should be able to lose 'em up there.

Rebecca: "Five days?"

Alvin: "It's gonna be okay, Bec."

Carlos: "We have to keep moving now. It's our only choice." The group continues walking. The smell of wood will accompany you along your journey till you reach wherever your supposed to be.

Sorry for such a short chapter, Since the next chapter is a good one, I'll make it longer and more action.