Chapter 4: Not To Be Trusted

Thank You all so much for the support it really helps me keep going on this series. On with the story now!

Your eyes, their just so hard to open. It feels good going to sleep now. You try doing the process of waking up with no success. The only thing you can hear is your breathing and the sound of drums rattling inside your ear drums. You flutter your left eye and it opens. You see a ton of people surrounding you and Clementine who sits up on the ground. You open your right eye and the sound comes back. It feels like it's pushing you back. You keep a steady breathing pace and push your body upwards to sit up. it doesn't listen past the pounding headache that feels like it's splitting your head in half.
Man 1: "Don't you tell me that! Not with what fuckin' happened." The pounding headache seems to get bigger every time someone yells.

Woman: "Would someone mind telling me what the FUCK is going on here?"

Pete: "Now hold on, Rebecca."

Man 1: "We got this, don't worry."

Woman: "Like hell you do. Did anyone even think to ask where they came from? For all we know, they could be working with Carver!"

Pete: "She already told us that she and her friend were attacked the boy got shot. Then she was bitten by a dog." You start to blink regaining at least enough strength to sit up and speak.

Y/N: "were not work-" BANG! A large shot goes of from a rife inside the man with the hats hands. Clementine yells in surprise falling back on her hands.

Man 2: "What the...?"

Pete yanks the gun away from The man with the hats hands a angry look crosses both of their faces before a door slams open behind them.

Pete: "Keep your finger off the trigger, boy!"

Luke: "Whoa! Whoa! What the fuck?!"

Rebecca: "You idiot! Every lurker for five miles probably heard that!"

Man 1: "You're the one tellin' me to fuckin' shoot her!"

Man 2: "Everybody just calm down for a second!"

Luke: "Y/N, you okay...?"

Y/N: "Yeah, just give me a minute." You stand up trying not to pass out from the overwhelming pain and nausea.

Clementine: "were not...We're not working for anyone... I don't know what you're talking about. We just need help."

Luke: "We got a doctor right here, okay? He'll have a look. Now what the hell is wrong with you people?! Okay, they're just scared!"

Rebecca: "We're all scared, Luke. Don't act like we're the ones being irrational 'cause we don't buy this bullshit story."

A man with a weird looking hair cut comes down from the steps and stops next to Luke.

Man 1: "No way she survived out here on her own! Why are we even arguing about this?!"

The man starts walking towards you and Clementine. Clem backs up scared of the guy. She stops behind you hand on her wounded arm.

You look over at Luke to see if this is the real doctor and he nods.

The Doctor: Let me take a look.

Luke: "It's okay. Go ahead. He's a doctor."

Clementine rolls up her sleeve.

Man 2: "Damn, that must've hurt."

The doctor inspects Clementines wound.

The doctor: "Hmm. Whatever it was, it got you good.

Man 1: "This isn't how we do things, man. When you're bit, you get put down. End of story. I'm not going through this again."