Chapter XXVI

"What are you suggesting Leo?" Adrian asked his cousin. "I'm not suggesting anything, I'm telling you that my coven is going to fight along with you in the war," Abner said with finality in his voice.

"No," Adrian said as he looked at his cousin. "What, why?" Abner asked. "We can't just ask wolves who have been trained to fight against vampires, who also happen to be their arch-nemesis, to start fighting with them," Adrian said which caused everyone to look at him incredulously. "Gosh, which era are you living in Ri? If those wolves want to live and want their pack to survive then they better suck it up and deal with it. These rouges are nothing like the ones you're used to dealing with," Abner said angrily.

"What-what do you mean?" Angela asked. "These rouges are much stronger and faster than regular wolves, that's why they were able to hurt most of my coven. They were able to severely injure a good amount of my vampires who are stronger and faster than your wolves, even if you try to fight with all of your packs combined the bloodshed will be more than anything you'd have seen. My coven has fought against this new breed, we'll be able to help you. It's up to you, how many innocent lives are you ready to give up? You might not want my help but face the facts Ri, you need my help just as much as I need yours," Abner explained.

"Fine, we'll discuss everything else tomorrow, Anna could you please show them to the rooms upstairs," Adrian said receiving a sweet "Sure!" in response. "Thanks for understanding Ri," Abner said as he leaned in to hug his cousin who stopped him. "Not right now, you stink," Adrian said referring to the stench vampires gave off as he pushed his cousin away, though he had to admit that Abner didn't stink as bad as a full-bred vampire thanks to the werewolf blood in him. 

"Oh come on dude, we haven't met each other for almost 30 years now and you aren't going to give me a hug?" Abner said. "Oh, really, and whose fault is that?" Adrian retorted. "Listen Adrian I'm sorry, I am, and I promise never to leave like that ever again," Abner said as his cousin eyed him suspiciously. "Will you hug it out already! you guys argue more than an old married couple," Angela said as she pushed her husband into his cousin's arms. Abner chuckled as his cousin gave up and hugged him back.

...Dream...

Athena awoke in the world that was now rather familiar to her. "Grandma?" She called out. "Yes," said a voice right in her ear which caused Athena to jump and look behind herself. Only to see her grandmother standing behind her with a mischievous smile on her face. "Gosh, you scared the shit out of me," Athena said as she placed her on her racing heart. "Language and I didn't scare you that badly, so no need to be overdramatic," Selene said as she rolled her eyes and sat down in the grass.

"What did you mean when you said that we would become one during the war?" Athena asked after a while. "Well, it's quite literally what it sounds like, and what I mean by that is I, or more like a part of me will join your soul and will take over your body," Selene said as she looked at her granddaughter. "So you will be fighting the war for me, right?". "No, well not really, as you will have the majority of the control, I will be helping you manage my powers which will transfer to you. You'll still be able to make conscious decisions," Selene said. "Oh, that's so cool!" Athena exclaimed as her grandmother smiled at her happily.

"Um, Grandma could I ask you a question?" Athena asked her grandmother. "You already did, but you can ask one more question before you wake up," Selene said as she chuckled at her granddaughter's pout. "When are you going to meet everyone else and when can I meet my Grandpa?", "Well first of all that was two questions," Selene began as she pinched Athena's cheek lightly "And the answer to your question is, very soon, I will meet your father before the war and your grandfather and I will meet everyone else once the war is over,".

The last thing Athena saw was a sweet smile on her grandmother's face as she woke up to the sound of her mate shuffling around their room. "What's wrong?" Athena asked groggily as she looked at her mate rushing to put his shirt on. "Um, well baby there might've been something I sort of forgot to tell you," Wade said as he sat down on the edge of the bed. "Did you cheat on me?" Athena asked seriously. "What? No, NO!" Wade exclaimed angrily, "How could you even think that?" he asked "You seemed extremely guilty," Athena said as she shrugged her shoulders. "Well if it isn't that then what is it?" She asked as she placed her hand on her mate's shoulder, easing his tensed form.

"There isn't any way to sugarcoat this, myfamilyiscominghere," He rushed out. "What? babe, could you repeat what you just said? and preferably in English this time," Athena said as Wade took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself. "My family is coming here," He said as he closed his eyes. Athena burst out laughing loudly. "This- this is what you were so worried over?" Athena asked her mate in between bouts of laughter. "Why are you laughing? Baby, you don't know them as I do, they're all annoying, especially Logan," He said as he rolled his eyes. "Wait, why did your parents name you guys Natasha, Wade, and Logan?" Athena asked curiously as her mate chuckled at how random she was.

"Well my dad is a comic book fanatic, and he loves Marvel, so he made a deal with my mother," Wade said as he smiled and shook his head lightly. "And what was it?" Athena asked, "That Mom could name the girls they had and Dad could name the boys, and that's how my sister, my brother, and I got named after superheroes from the Marvel universe,". "How did he get your mom to name your sister after a Marvel superhero?" She asked as she looked at her mate with her head slightly tilted. 

"He was and still is extremely cheeky, he kept adding the name Natasha into any conversation they had and told her that people who were named Natasha turned out to be tremendously successful. Mom found out that she named her daughter after a Marvel superhero when Nat started reading dad's comics," Wade chuckled as he remembered the stupid argument his parents had over it. 

"So when is your family planning on coming over?" Athena asked as she got off of her bed. The sound of the doorbell stopped Wade from answering. "Would you hate me if I told you that that was them?" Wade asked as he chuckled nervously. The young man ran out of the bedroom as a pillow was thrown onto his face. 

"What's wrong?" Anna asked Wade as she saw him nervously walk towards the staircase. "I might have forgotten to tell Athie that my family was coming over today," he winced as he thought about the dressing down he was going to receive. "You men really are that stupid aren't you?" Anna facepalmed herself as she walked toward her best friend's room. "Don't you dare answer that," Anna said as Wade his mouth to respond to her rhetorical question.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this chapter 😁What's your take on it? Do you want me to change anything about the chapter/ story? Let me know either in the comments or in my personal messages. I hope you all enjoyed it, I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that lets me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha