Chapter VIII

Adrian rushed towards the pack hospital with his beta and his beta's daughter in tow. He tried not to panic at the amount of blood that oozed out of his daughter's wound. He had already mind linked his whole family alerting them about the situation.

"Oh, my goodness what happened Alpha!?" the pack doctor Elise asked sounding utterly horrified as she looked at the young girl in her Alpha's arms. "She has been shot, save her, please" Adrian pleaded. He reluctantly placed his precious baby on the stretcher, his wolf whimpered as he placed her down. Andrew and Axel entered the pack hospital only to see their father seated outside the emergency room with his head in his hands as his body shook with sobs. The metallic smell of blood burned their noses.

Andrew and Axel hugged their father as they tried to calm themselves down. A few minutes passed before Angela ran into the pack hospital as tears streamed down her face. Angela brought all of her boys into her embrace which helped all of them calm down a little. "Where is she?" Angela whispered out after a few minutes of silence. Before Adrian could tell her anything the pack doctor stepped out of the emergency room.

A D R I A N

Everyone looked towards the pack doctor their eyes shining with hope. "How is she?" I asked finally breaking the suffocating silence. "Um, Alpha the bullet that hit Athena was made up of silver and it was coated with wolfsbane, as you know both of them are fatal to us werewolves. We managed to get the bullet and most of the wolfsbane out in time, but some of the wolfsbane had already entered her system and we don't know how her body will react to it." The pack doctor Elise said in a sad voice.

"But she is fine, isn't she?" Andrew asked. I could see that he had crossed his fingers behind his back. "She is currently stable, but her recovery seems to be slower than a normal werewolf so she is extremely weak right now," Elise said as she smiled a little. Everyone breathed out feeling relieved. "Would we be able to meet her?"Angela asked hopefully. "Yes Luna, you may see her now but just take it slow. She won't be responsive right now since we've given her sedatives to soothe her pain," Elise said as she smiled softly at my mate. I thanked Elise on my family's behalf, for which she replied by saying "It is my duty Alpha, I merely fulfilled it". I nodded and headed to the room my princess was in.

I pushed the door open slowly only to be met with a heart-wrenching sight. My baby girl looked as pale as paper, the pink tint that once decorated her cheeks no longer visible, with quite a few wires attached to her tiny body. Tears welled in my eyes, my angel had never looked this weak and vulnerable before. I looked at my mate and my sons as they struggled to hold their tears in, not wanting to cry in front of the one person they were supposed to be strong for, even if she couldn't see them. I could understand what they were going through because I was going through the same thing. I brought the three of them into my embrace before I kissed both of my son's foreheads and kissed my mate reassuring both of us of our pup's safety. Our wolves had calmed down but were heartbroken once they noticed that Athena hadn't opened her eyes.

The boys sat down on the hospital chairs that were placed on either side of Athena whereas my mate and I sat down on a sofa that was placed relatively close to the bed.

A/N: I am so sorry that the chapter is so short! But I promise that the next one will be longer. Thank you all so much for reading this chapter😁 I hope you all enjoyed it. I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that let me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.
Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha