Chapter XIV

Adrian walked into the living room to assure himself that his family was ready to meet the Alpha of the neighbouring pack. He looked to his left only to see his sons walking down the stairs. Andrew dressed in a light blue shirt and dark blue jeans while Axel looked more casual in a Marvel t-shirt paired with a red flannel and blue jeans. Adrian shook his head in amusement, he expected this from Axel as he strongly believed in dressing up for himself and not for others.

Looking to his right he was greeted with the sight of his mate placing some pancakes on a plate for his grandson who happily munched on the food. Issac giggled when his aunt made silly faces at his uncle. "Alright, I hope everyone is ready, as the Blood Moon pack has arrived" Adrian announced loudly, which caused his family to stuff their faces with food. "Slow down before you guys choke," Angela said in a stern voice.

A T H E N A

A few minutes later a black Escalade Cadillac pulled up near our pack border, which wasn't far from our house. The driver's door opened and revealed a man who looked to be in his mid-thirties, with dark brown hair and green eyes. Two men and a woman stepped out of the back seat. Finally, the passenger side's door opened only to reveal the most handsome man I'd ever seen. He looked like the Gods carved him themselves, with messy dark brown almost black hair and brown eyes.

He looked muscular, not overly muscular, with broad shoulders and a strong jawline. He wore a white shirt which was rolled up to his elbows and a dark pair of jeans. Gosh, that shirt fit him like a glove. Someone cleared their throat which caused me to stop blatantly ogling at the man. I must've forgotten to breathe when I noticed this beautiful specimen because I was suddenly hit with the smell of the woods and freshly wet mud. This caused me to look in the direction of the scent, which just so happened to be coming from the beautiful man.

When I looked up our eyes met, I was hooked. The world around us faded away, leaving us alone. I lost myself in his beautiful eyes, they reminded me of drops of coffee in milk. "Mate!"  Micaela said rather loudly in my head. "Go to mate" she continued. A growl brought us out of our trance. Axel, Andrew and my dad stood before me protectively, probably thinking that my mate was going to try and harm me. It is understandable as it is in their nature to protect their females. This caused my mate to get angry.

"Mine" he growled, which caused delicious shivers to run up my spine. "Alpha Williams I respect you as an Alpha, but I suggest you move away from my mate" he growled in his deep voice, signalling that his wolf was close to the surface, as he moved closer to me. This statement shocked everyone. This was the moment I realized I needed to step in before a fight began. "Why don't we go inside and discuss this," I suggested to which my father and brothers nodded reluctantly. My mate stalked his way over to me and pulled me into his embrace before inhaling my scent. I sighed when I felt sparks run over my skin where our bodies touched.

He then abruptly let go of me and put some distance between us. "What are you doing?" I asked curiously. "Let's go inside, they must be waiting," he said as he took my hand and walked towards my house. "Wait!" I shouted suddenly. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" my mate asked as he looked over me worriedly. "I-I don't know your name" I stuttered shyly. I never stutter, what's wrong with me!? He chuckled loudly before answering. "Roberts, Wade Roberts" my mate answered with a smirk on his face. This made me laugh loudly "Are you the new James Bond?" I said as I continued chuckling. Wade shook his head in amusement as he rolled his eyes. "I'm Williams, Athena Williams," I said once I stopped laughing. "That's a beautiful name," Wade said, which caused a slight blush to appear on my cheeks.

The tension in my house was so thick I could cut it with a knife.

My father, brothers, two of the men from my mate's pack and my mate decided to have their meeting in my father's office while my sisters-in-law, my mom, a lady and a man who looked similar to my mate from his pack, Issac and I sat and in the living room. "So you're Wade's mate!" stated the lady after my mother introduced everyone in the room. I nervously smiled and nodded my head. "I'm Delina you could call me Dee or Lina, I don't mind either, and I'm Wade's cousin" she introduced herself excitedly before continuing "This is my brother Ryan who happens to be Wade's Gamma".

Both of them shared small similarities with my mate. Delina had red hair and hazel eyes while Ryan had dark brown hair and green eyes. If Delina wouldn't have mentioned that they were siblings I don't think I would've been able to guess that they were, as they look different from each other and only shared slight similarities. Ryan smiled apologetically at me as if he was silently asking me to forgive him for his sister's behaviour. This made us all chuckle. Issac jumped off of his mother's lap and ran to me. I quickly picked him up and placed him on my lap. Del and Ryan looked softly at the little bundle of energy in my lap. "And what might your name be young man?" Ryan asked kindly. "My name is Issac Wiwwiams and I am thwee yeaws owd" Issac replied adorably holding three of his chubby fingers up, mixing up his 'r's and 'l's, successfully dissolving any of the tension that remained in the room. We chuckled at his cuteness as I kissed his chubby cheek.

The men took a long time to finish their meeting, in the meantime mom, Del and Ashley cooked lunch. Ryan, Anna and I helped them whenever it was needed. Issac kept all of us entertained by putting on a little talent show for us. He was revelling in the amount of attention he was receiving. The meeting was over soon with the men entering the dining area, bringing the sort of sombre mood along with them. Issac ran to his father who picked him up with a smile. "Daddy?" Issac asked Drew who looked at him with nothing but pure love. "Yeah, bud" Drew replied. "I need to go poopoo," Issac said causing all of us to burst out laughing at the look of horror on Drew's face.

The light and airy mood once again restored by the almighty three-year-old

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this chapter😁 I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that lets me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha