39: Arcadia's Most Wanted

I was home, in the basement as Jim was out.
He insisted I stay in tonight after our run in with Draal.
He knew Draal was important to me, he just didn't know how much.
I sighed, looking around the area that was quickly filling up with Mom's paintings.
She had moved my punching bag outside, hanging from our tree in the backyard.
It was easier for me to use it, but now I didn't really have an excuse to come down here just because I wanted to.
I couldn't tell anyone how I felt, they wouldn't understand and Jim would insist I sit out as he takes down Gunmar, which I refused to do.
I wouldn't just sit and wait for them to do it, when I needed to help, needed to show Draal that I will never give up on him.
Sighing, I put my head in my hands.
My phone started ringing, making me roll my eyes.
"We need your help finding Glug before the police do." I heard Jim stated.
"Text me the location." I replied, hanging up.
I ran upstairs, grabbed my headphones and put them on as I walked out.
I shot into the air, checking my phone as Jim texted me.
I flew over, the music playing louldly in my ears.

I landed, walking into the sewers, quickly finding everyone.
We split up and I folded my wings in a more comfortable way, music blaring in my ears.
I heard shouting over my music and followed it, seeing three people in masks taking off in Vespas.
Jim and Claire came up next to me.
Jim got on a vespa as I opened my wings, leaving Claire with the cop.
We took off after them.
"Skylar, you should hide your wings." Jim warned.
"Whatever, they already seen Toby's flying warhammer." I said.
Jim nodded and sped up, making me do the same.
Jim and I turned into a different area, coming out closer to them.
Jim got rid of the first one and we sped towards the others.
Jim jumped off, summoning his armor.
I rolled my eyes as Toby escaped.
I landed, folding my wings as Jim stopped ahead of me.
I stayed in the shadows.
"I don't know what you Renaissance fair freaks are, but we're not goin' back to San Quentin, you hear me?" She asked as the other two walked up behind us.
Arrrgh and Blinky met up with me behind the lady in charge.
I smirked, letting my eyes glow red, wings engulfing in fire as I focused on manipulating the shadows to cover my body, only allowing them to see my wings and eyes.
Arrrgh and Blinky then charged forward, through the steam he created.
I let my glow die out, smirking as they scared the three.
I walked over, putting my headphones around my neck as I watched them run, screaming.
Toby then walked out of the sewers.

The next day, Toby was standing next to Detective Scott, Councilwoman Nunez giving a speech.
"Is it just me or is taking down a few human baddies, kinda... refreshing?" Jim asked.
"Yeah, when we're done with Gunmar, we might have a future in crime fighting." Claire stated, making me smirk.
"Would be fun." I stated, shrugging.
"That's the first time you said you'd enjoy something." Jim stated.
I shrugged, a small smile gracing my features.