𝟐𝟖

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐲𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝟏 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝟏𝟎:𝟒𝟎𝐚𝐦

Me and Freddy. Half brothers. I got a DNA test done. His story checks out. We have the same mum but different dads.

My mum... our mum lived a double life. She didn't lose her babies. Her babies were me and the twins. I dunno how she kept us a secret all that time, but she managed to. She gave me a present on my 11th birthday, but said I shouldn't open it until I met my half brother. I thought she was high, as always, so I didn't even pay attention. But yesterday, I opened the letter and read it.

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐲𝐨
𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞. 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐚𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐚. 𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐞. 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐂𝐚𝐬. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥.

It still didn't make sense. I don't understand where Freddy comes in all this and what the 'something' he wants me to inherit is. And even though we moved on from what Freddy did in the past, I been dragged right back by this thing. Now I'm replaying everything that happened in my head, but with added detail.

My girl got assaulted by my brother. Prince's uncle is a sex offender. He doesn't feel like my brother and he probably never will. After we get the answers to this puzzle, I'm gonna kill him like I killed our mum.

"Bec? You awake?" I got home from the studio half an hour ago and this girl hasn't come downstairs yet. She's so tired all the time. This pregnancy's been hard on her, especially because of the heat, but she usually comes down to say hi at least. "Baby!"

I need to do something. Something important. But I don't remember what it was.

"Why you yelling?" Wynter wheeled herself in from the kitchen. She's kinda used to the whole wheelchair thing now. Last week, she started boxing as a new way of expressing herself instead of screaming and lashing out. She already seems happier. "Rebecca's not here. She left a couple hours ago."

I frowned. "What? Where did she go?"

"A hospital appointment that you were meant to go to as well. She's pretty pissed cuz you didn't come home in time and you wasn't picking up the phone so she had to go herself."

Fuck. That's what I needed to do. The check up. "Where's my keys, maybe she's still there..." at that point, the front door slammed shut.