𝟐

𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐜𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝟏 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝟏𝟏:𝟓𝟎𝐏𝐌

You kissed your teeth at Terrence for the third and final time. What the actual fuck does he want? Ok - he was helpful when you needed a shoulder to cry on. Marcel's death tore you apart. You still feel torn. On top of that, you don't have a fucking house anymore.

Your parents went missing when you were a baby so you don't remember them. Marcel's been your everything from day one. You have no other siblings - it's just been the two of you from the beginning. You don't know what you are without him.

"You stayin in this shit motel?" Terrence grumbled, running his hands over the duvet. It was hard and uncomfortable but you were grateful you at least had somewhere to crash. And sixth form? That's gonna have to wait.

"Are you gonna give me somewhere to live, T? Huh?"

He sighed. "What about Staci? You lot are basically sisters. Why don't you just stay with her till you pattern your shit?"

"She had to go back to Jamaica cuz her grandmother's sick. I have nowhere to go. I need Marcel!"

No one even gets how you feel. It's like you've lost a brother, a dad, and a best friend all at once. He was the only boy you ever trusted. You just don't know what to do with yourself.

"Becca..." Terrence wrapped his arms around you, giving you a hug. You felt his lips peck your forehead but you don't say anything. You were so lonely, even the company of your ex was good enough. Marcel promised T would stick around if something bad ever happened. He never broke his promises. "One of my boys has a spare bedroom. You can stay there."

You scoffed. "Erm, no. Do I have bandobarbie written on my forehead? So I can sit in a traphouse all day bagging weed? I'll pass."

"It's ain't even like that, man. He's a calm guy if you don't get on his nerves. Just crash at his place till you find somewhere for yourself. Get a job and dat."

You were uneasy about how comfortable Terrence was so you wriggled out of his arms and sat on the sagging mattress. "I'll be fine. My shifts at JD start next week."

"Give yourself time to grieve as well, though. Don't rush into it," he warned.

Ugh, you hate the fact that he's making sense. You hate that he's not chatting shit the one time you need him to chat shit. "See you later."

"Becca - "

"Just please go."

"Aight. If you change your mind, bell me, innit."

He left your room and you crawled back under the covers. They were the most disgusting covers ever but you pushed that to the back of your mind. The whole room was just shit. The kitchen and bedroom were all crammed into one, with the bathroom in the corner.

You're grateful, though. Could've been worse.

You checked the time. Almost 12am. Ends were dodgy as fuck around this time, but you were hungry. Your mouth started watering at the thought of 6 barbecue wings and chips. You slapped on Marcel's Canada Goose jacket, then made your way to Morley's.