𝟐𝟏

𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐲𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝
𝟒:𝟓𝟗𝐩𝐦

The doorbell rang for, like, the 60th time today.

Man's famous, innit.

I opened it to see around 10 girls standing there. They proper screamed when they saw me. "Hi Prince! Can we get a picture with you or Rebecca? It's would be a dream come true!"

I've heard that like 100 times today. People need to stop showing up at my house, it's getting too much. "Nah, you can't come knocking on my door. It's kinda disrespectful, d'you know what I mean? I'll allow you this time, but don't do it again, aight?"

"Ok!" They took their pictures, I signed their shirts, then I closed the door and went back to the kitchen, where Saint was.

"Who's that?" He asked. "More fans? These niggas ain't got no boundaries."

"I'm tellin you." I started snapping on my phone. "Aye, you lot need to stop comin to my house. If you lot see me on the street and you want a picture, that's calm, but don't show up at my door. It's the only place we get privacy; don't violate that. But anyways, 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞, the remix, featuring my fuckin pengting is out in 1 minute. Go show love."

I posted the video, then saved it to put it on Insta. 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 premiered in 30 seconds. There were over a million people waiting. Big artists, including Fredo, hit me up to be on the remix, but I said nah. I only wanted one person on there. The person that the song's actually about.

Rebecca Romano.

"Bae," I called. She was in bed, because this is draining the shit outta her. The one minute recording changed everything. "It's about to go live."

"Okay," she called back, followed by a few chesty coughs. She coughs like that a lot these days.

"Hold on, g, lemme see if she's calm." I jogged upstairs to check on her, with a bottle of water in my hand. "You good?"

"Tired. I'm gonna try get some sleep. How many views has the video got?"

"Dunno, I need to check." I pulled the duvet over her, and placed the water on the table. "Relax, yeah? Love you."

"Love you, too."

She's only taking a nap, but we say that every time she closes her eyes. Because they might not open again.

I went back down to the kitchen, where Saint was watching the video on my laptop. "Bro, it's on 2 milli already. In 3 minutes. This is mad. I'm proud of you."

"Yeah, me too." The first part of the video didn't matter to me - I'd watched it over a hundred times. But the last scene is what I wanted to see.

The screen went black. A bright light started shining in from the corner. It made her glossy, black hair sparkle.
It highlighted the golden crown on her head. The beautiful white dress she wore. And the small smile plastered on her face as she looked down.

Then came a heartbeat.

Not my heartbeat.

Not Bec's heartbeat.