𝟑𝟓

there's gonna be a lot of pictures in the last few chapters, guys xx

𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐜𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝟐 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝟖:𝟑𝟎𝐚𝐦

You walked to the hospital with your chin up. Ignoring the press and the microphones they continuously shoved in your face. The last 2 days have been horrible. Non stop crying. Non stop praying. You've seen, first hand, what it's like to lose a child to cancer. Mary goes through hell every single day of her life.

Is that your future too?

Cas let go of your hand and opened the hospital doors so you could push Zakai's buggy in. Your baby boy. Your pride and joy. You love him more than life itself and you refuse to let him be taken by this disease. No, he can't. You need him to grow and be happy and healthy.

Finally, you got to the reception, away from the noise and hustle and bustle of outside. You can't go anywhere in peace without the nosy press following you. Usually, you wouldn't mind, but when it comes to your child, you don't fucking play.

As soon as the receptionist saw you, she knew what to do. She had that face. The face that told you she'd been prepped specifically for your arrival. "Hi, please follow me, I'll take you to Kara."

"Thank you." Mum wasn't here yet. You haven't really spoken to her since the whole Marcel thing and when you guys did speak, it was awkward. But you're willing to put that aside for Zakai. She's just late for the meeting, like always, and she's the only one who knows everything about your dad.

On top of that, you have a rebranding photoshoot for your clothing line today. So many people have been begging for a mens and kids section so instead of it being called 𝕼𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓, it's now 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑. There's so much to do and you don't know how you're gonna do it with all this on your plate.

The receptionist opened a door with an awkward and somewhat forced smile. "Here you are m'lady. Enjoy the rest of your day."

"Thanks." You and Cas entered the room. Kara was sat behind a desk along with a few other doctors and there were three seats on the other side for you, him, and Willow. "Hi."

"Hi Becca, Casyo. Take a seat for me please." She opened a folder and took out a sheet of paper as you and Cas sat on the other side of the table. "Is your mum coming or...?"

"Yeah, she's running late." You've never been this nervous in your life. Having faith is one thing, but faith alone can't cure cancer. If Zakai gets it. "Sorry, she's really busy. There's a lot of traffic on the road, too."

"That's fine, we can begin without her; when she comes, we'll fill her in."

"Ok." You quickly looked under the hood of the buggy to check if Zakai was still sleeping. Watching him sleep made time stand still. He's so peaceful. So perfect. And he looked extra cute today in his Winnie The Pooh set.

 And he looked extra cute today in his Winnie The Pooh set