Overruled

A/N: This chapter features sensitive language in the form of offensive slurs. This is a trigger warning, because it is not censored. Please read with caution and understanding! Thank you and enjoy!

Jungkook stares adoringly at the infant in Joy's arms. She gurgled and cooed sleepily, though was quite restless as she was removed from the comforting arms of her father. She pulled her tiny fingers to her lips, despite the pacifier dangling from the collar of her shirt.

  Joy coos, gently bouncing Hyunjae, who had started to wake up when Namjoon handed the infant to her. He was very cautious and careful because he knew that if she was awake to see him leave, the young couple would suffer for at least a few hours - if not the whole day.

  Alex and Namjoon had to attend to something back home, and the babies couldn't be there. Though it came up on a very short notice, which meant finding a babysitter was very difficult for them. So, with a sense of desperation, they reached out to Joy and Jungkook for help. And of course they agreed.

  Jungkook at first was wary about it, he wanted to make sure Joy was fully recovered after all that had happened. Of course she'd insisted, but with his best judgment he honestly wasn't sure if she could handle it. Especially considering the frightful scare they'd just had, the timing couldn't have been anymore off.

  But Joy loved her nieces and she'd do anything for Alex and Namjoon, even at her own expense. After all, aside from himself, they were pretty much all she had to rely on.

  Unlike her sister, Minjee wasn't restless at all, she settled on Jungkook's shoulder pretty easily, hardly waking up from her deep sleep. The pacifier between her lips bobs rhythmically. Namjoon was noticeably relieved when Hyunjae finally began to calm down, the nine month old having finally settled in her aunt's arms.

  Namjoon sighed, having to tip toe his way out, because one sudden move could wake his girls prematurely, and that was never good for anyone. This was especially the case because they haven't been without at least one of their parents around for more than a few hours before. Though the twins were spending the weekend with the young couple.

  It had been a long and early morning for Namjoon, he having been the one to bring the twins over to Joy's place. The twins weren't all that happy to be disturbed and prepared for the car ride, though thankfully they slept the whole time. This was great news for the young couple, it made things much easier when neither of the babies were fussy.

  Jungkook followed Joy's in-law out, waving quietly at him as Namjoon flashes his dimpled smile back at him, he waved before making his way back. He was dead serious about waking up the twins, so their exchange had been almost entirely mute.

  The girls each had a diaper bag, both of which were sitting in their corresponding car seats that Namjoon had brought them in. The only reason they weren't still sleeping in their seats was because Hyunjae, being the lighter sleeper, had started to stir and she got her sister started. Namjoon had to quickly and quietly calm them down in his arms. Once he'd made the resolve, he knew that neither of them would accept sleeping in the car seat after that. Which meant that Joy and Jungkook had to hold them.

  The young couple was still a little sleepy, and had hopes of getting a couple more hours in while the girls weren't awake, though their hopes of that happening quickly diminished when Minjee lifted her head, blinking sleepily.

  Jungkook tries to coax her back to sleep as best he could, rubbing circles into her back and hushing her as she whimpers. She was very intimidated by the new location; she seemed to wake up more. She jammed her chubby fist into her eye and pawed it roughly. Jungkook grabbed her hand gently to stop her, he remembered hearing Alex say that Minjee had a bad habit of rubbing her eyes too much and risked getting an infection. If she managed to give herself one they were in no way equipped to resolve it on their own.