~Jurisdiction~

{From this point onward, when a chapter has this symbol: '~' there will be sexual content. (Also keep in mind, I've yet to write very many sex scenes or sex-based content, so I'd keep my expectations low)}

The past two months had gone by breezily. Well, at least they did for Joy and Jungkook. They spent their work weeks calling each other on their breaks, and at least twice a week Jungkook would stay over at Joy's place, mostly on Fridays or weekends.

Across the hall, Joy's neighbor Taehyung wasn't at all oblivious to how much the two were spending their time together. He and Hope were busy moving her in with him, so he'd been quite occupied with that as of lately. But he couldn't help but wonder just what was going on between Jungkook and Joy twice a week. It seemed like a whole lot more than a sleepover. Anyone with common sense would beg the question: what two adults of the opposite sex - that were undeniably attracted to one another - would visit so frequently without having sex? He and Hope knew for sure they were screwing each other silly all this time.

Though their ambitious, promiscuous theories were incorrect... that is until the first day of winter.

It was a late Friday night, Joy was home alone, with Marble snoozing in the laundry room. He was being naughty and not listening, so she figured a night in the laundry room would be enough. Her puppy wasn't as small as he used to be, having gotten big very quickly. He was almost his adult size, but he sure as hell was still a puppy on the inside.

Joy had just finished washing Jungkook's clothes - considering how he liked to stay so often, he eventually started leaving some things at her place. Nothing more than clothes, a couple of pairs of shoes, and a bottle of his favorite body wash, that was the extent of it. If Joy's sister Alex were to ever pay a surprise visit, she'd undoubtedly wonder whose shoes were by the door, as they were clearly for a man.

Jungkook and Joy have endured their occasional escapades together. Most of the time, it was Jungkook's treat. They held hands in the park once while walking Marble, and he took her to his favorite Korean restaurant, which was right outside the city. They'd taken long drives together, even if it was just to get something as simple as ice cream. Other times, they'd work out together at her gym. There was never a sour moment with him.

It was mid-November now, winter having started a little later that year. Joy's house was to stay toasty and warm, especially considering that Marble was sensitive to the cold. She was presently lying in bed, unable to sleep much. Joy had gotten used to sleeping in the same bed as Jungkook. She really liked it, actually. The feeling of their legs tangled together when they woke up. Hearing his heartbeat when she lies on his chest. The soothing rise and fall of his chest as he slumbered. She'd never been held so much before, and especially not in such a delightful way. Jungkook genuinely enjoys wrapping his arms around her, almost as if protecting her. It made her feel safe and secure.

Even now, Joy missed his touch. She could almost feel it, like the ghost of his arms was tangible. Her heart was fluttering like a butterfly, and her skin felt tingly. How was it so easy for her to become completely entranced by him? His smile, the look in his eyes, the sincere words that leave his lips. His touch. Desire. Passion.

Joy shudders, feeling a blissful chill in the room, her mind reverts to Jungkook's tantalizing physique. Everything he did tended to make her squirm. The way he reached his arms over his head to rub his structured muscles, how the bulk of his triceps were always flexing, and as he'd do so his shirt would lift a bit, revealing the milky white skin of his lower abdomen and unmistakable v-line. Or how his hand grips the wheel when he drives, and the focused look on his face as he does so - sometimes biting his lower lip and accentuating his mole directly beneath it. Even just sitting beside her casually, his muscular legs lazily parted and his back rested into his seat, his large hand resting comfortably on her knee. How often does a woman stumble upon such a sweet and caring man with a body like his? Almost never. Was she really so lucky?