~Irrefutable

"Hey, buddy, where's Mommy, huh?" JK cooed when he walked into Joy's place, she having given him the key. Marble jumps at his feet, his tail wagging so hard that his whole body moved side to side. JK coos, scratching his ears. He holds the dog's face between his hands, Marble panting, long tongue flapping about from his mouth.

"Can you show me where Mommy is? Hmm?" He cooed, locking Joy's door behind him. He toes off his shoes. Marble hops about impatiently, JK chuckling, amused by the excited dog. He might have been fully grown but they were still convinced he was a puppy. A really big and overgrown one.

He brought with him a bag of groceries for Joy, since she said she'd need to go out to buy more food. He saw her list and decided to take care of it for her. He'd put the bag aside to greet her dog, also so that Marble wouldn't get any ideas. He watches Marble bound his way out of the entrance hall, JK picking the grocery bag back up.

He follows Marble deeper into Joy's home, it looked neat and clean as always, she arranged some decor, he noticed, not much but it was noticeable. He turns into the kitchen, putting the food away. He'd also bought her candy, a whole bag of peppermint Hershey's Kisses. He'd never tried them but she said she loved them, so he couldn't help himself when he saw the biggest bag.

Marble had turned into the laundry room, where Joy was loading her basket from the dryer. JK knocks, not wanting to startle her, to no avail. Joy was quite jumpy sometimes.

She looks up and gasps, not having expected him today. "Kookie...! I thought you had the extra shift today?" She had her hand placed over her heart as she got her breath back from the little scare.

"They decided to let me go for the day." He waved it off, not wanting to dwell on it. Reason being is that he was aching a lot from the injuries he'd gotten the month prior. He tried to hide it, but the wounds that were healing were bothering him particularly more than usual. Especially the ones in his leading leg and abdomen. They told him to take it easy and not to come back for a minimum of two days so that he can heal up properly. He was really upset about it.

"Really? How come?" She wondered, a hint of worry in her eyes. Jungkook knew she'd put him back on bed rest or something - which he hated - so he evaded the question, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close to his body, he then pressed a kiss to her lips, enjoying the light smack of their lips when she pulled away. Joy bites her juicy lip, "That's new."

"I missed you all week." He admits. She studies his face with her eyes slightly squinted in concentration, making calculations, it seems.

She hums suspiciously, "You still have to tell me."

Jungkook sighs, pulling away. He was disappointed that his attempt at a distraction didn't work. "Joy really, it's not a big deal. It doesn't matter." He evaded. He didn't want her fretting like she did when he was unwell. He loathed being in that position where he can't take care of himself. He felt like he was being babied, it wasn't so bad since it was her nursing him back to health. But that didn't mean he wasn't humiliated for being so vulnerable. He could have done more, JK cannot stand being pitied or looked down on. It was his absolute pet peeve.

"I just wanna make sure you're okay is all." She defended, closing the dryer door and lifting up her basket, which Marble had been busy sniffing until it was rested onto her hip. JK moves out her way so that she could bring her clothes where she needed, a whiff of lavender brushes past him as she did. He trails behind her to her bedroom, where he leaned in the door way.