Plea

Joy heard a lot of shuffling and movement, her lids fluttering. Her eyes try to adjust to the dimness in the room, easily making out a familiar figure moving on the hospital bed. She hears light pants, sitting up immediately to attend to Jungkook.

She wasn't a doctor or a nurse, but she could understand the monitors pretty well. His heart rate was getting rapid, Joy approaches his bed quietly, seeing that he was asleep, likely having another nightmare.

She sighs, wondering what he was dreaming about that had him so bothered. She looks down at him sympathetically, wishing there was more she could do to ease his distress. She takes his hand, gently squeezing it as a means of reassuring him.

Luckily he didn't wake up, but Joy couldn't fall back asleep. She took the time to email her co-workers about her situation. She started rescheduling things when she heard a hoarse bellow from the hospital bed. She looks at Jungkook, his eyes snapping open, only for him to immediately shut them again.

"Holy shit," he groaned groggily, hissing as he brings his arm up to rub his eyes. Joy stands up, smiling down at him, glad he was awake. It was quite early, hence why it was still dim in the room, the grey sunlight seemed to be too much for his eyes to handle at the moment.

"How're you feeling, Kookie? Any better?" Joy asked him, moving his hand from his face because he was touching the scratches adorned on it. She grips his large hand with both of hers.

Jungkook blinks, still disoriented it seems. She sees his eyes flicker for a moment as he remembered what happened. He looks up to meet her gentle eyes, "Joy." He murmured, a smile trying to reach his lips.

She giggles a little, he still seemed a bit out of it. Surely, he was tired and sore. "Are you in pain?" She asked him again.

His groan came out wispy, almost like his voice was going. "Hurts a lot." He admitted, Joy spotted a black cord attached to what looked like morphine, telling by the label on it, she was right. She follows what the cord is attached to, relieved to find a button. It was controlled by the patient to administer morphine when they were in pain. She hands it to Jungkook, who studies the device in his hand, confused. She found it adorable how his brows knitted together.

"Press this when the pain is bad." She explained, Jungkook wasting no time to jam his thumb on the button. He sighs once the drug reached it's destination.

"What... would I do without you?" He murmured, looking up at Joy fondly. She smiles at his silliness, rolling her eyes playfully. She was glad to see a weak smile on his face. "'M glad you're here..."

"Of course," she said, like it was obvious. She pulled the bedside chair closer before sitting on it, her feet tucked beneath her. "I'm not leaving you. You really had me worried."

"I'm okay..." he croaked his promise, Joy not too convinced. He reaches for his face again, brushing his hair from his eyes, she watched his bicep tense as he did so. "Just hurts is all."

"Dr. Min said you'll be okay," She agreed. She left out the detail about the healing process. Considering how hard it was to tell what state of mind he was in, she didn't want to make him panic about anything. "Just take it easy, okay, Kookie? I want you to get better." She whispered, gently rubbing his arm closest to her, the only limb of his that wasn't bandaged nor pierced with a needle.

He hums, his lids falling, "You look so pretty..." he complimented. Joy giggled at his randomness, telling by the light tone of his voice he was definitely still doped up on drugs from the surgery. "Come lie with me." He pleaded, sounding dopey. His voice was starting to fade as he struggles to fight sleep. It was clear his lids were getting heavy, as he couldn't open them fully.