Tamper

Jungkook stands idly in the lobby of Joy's research center, studying all the displays that were prized like trophies and reading articles in the center's name. Apparently there were a lot of biological contributions stemming from her line of work. But he was never that good at science so he couldn't really perceive how big exactly those seemingly small achievements were. 

  He'd just gotten back from his shift, and decided he'd pick Joy up because they'd agreed to go dress shopping for her. The banquet was approaching quickly and he wanted them to be readily prepared. He looked up when he heard the elevator doors opening followed by busy feet on the tile floor.

  He recognized her heels and couldn't contain the fond smirk trying to make his face. She still had her lab coat on, and was wearing glasses with her hair down. She looked like a hot scientist, hotter than the ones you see in movies.

  But what made Jungkook frown was the sight of a guy next to her. He was probably his height or maybe a bit shorter, and he had this grin on his face as he talked to Joy. Though telling by the look on her face, the conversation had to have been strictly professional, so why the dude was smiling so damn much talking to her didn't make much sense to Jungkook. He stuffs his hands in his pockets, balling up his fists and sighing heavily. He didn't want to be the jealous type. He trusted Joy and vice versa. But he didn't choose to feel jealous, regardless, no man wants to see his girlfriend get hit on by another guy.

  She meets Jungkook's eyes, her face lighting up as she clicks her way over to him. She couldn't seem to get to him quick enough. He felt a bit more at ease seeing her, "Hey," she greeted in all her giddy nature. "You ready?"

  He nods, usually Jungkook wasn't one to display any public affection, but he couldn't help 'causally' pulling her closer to him by the waist. Joy didn't react, she gestured to the other guy, "Jungkook, this is my new co-worker, Ted. He's going to be working in my department with me." She explained, turning to Jungkook and smiling when their eyes met.

  Ted, huh? JK nods, looking this Ted guy directly in the face. He holds his hand out to him, the other guy meeting him halfway. "Nice to meet you." He greeted politely, though the white man looked uneasy.

  Her co-worker looked at Joy awkwardly, scratching his neck. That smile of his sure did vanish quickly. Jungkook conceals his smugness, Ted was looking at Joy's hands, clutching her purse in front of her. Probably looking for a ring on her finger. It takes Jungkook everything in him not to scoff.

  "Right, so, um, Joy," Ted focused his green eyes on her, totally avoiding Jungkook. Again, he held back another scoff. "About those drinks with everyone..."

  Joy smiles politely at Ted, shaking her head somewhat apologetically, "Oh, Ted, I'm sorry. Jungkook and I actually have plans for the night. Maybe some other time?" Jungkook knew she was totally oblivious. This guy had an obvious interest in her - hell, who wouldn't? A woman as fine and independent as she is, she could reel in just about any man she wanted. Jungkook was very aware of this, and he was basking in the glory that was rubbing it in.

  "We should get going, but hey it was nice meeting you, Ted. I'm sure we'll cross paths more often." Ted simply nodded, utter distaste in his expression as he stared at JK. He nodded. "U-Uh, yeah," he stammered. "See you Monday, Joy."

  She smiles kindly, Jungkook taking her lab coat for her and placing his hand on the small of her back to escort her out with a nod at Ted. The moment he turned he felt eyes burning into his back, and smirked smugly because of it.

  Oh, if only Ted knew just how taken she was.

  He unlocks his car and opens Joy's door for her. She raised a brow at him and buckled herself in, giving Jungkook a look when he hopped in the driver's seat.