Incident

"Joy-!"

"Not now, Kyle, I need to focus." Said Joy, who was in the middle of a detrimental experiment that would determine the success of the months worth of research she had put in. This project, which she conducted herself, was incredibly important.

"It's the police department," Kyle elaborated from where he stood in the lab doorway, gripping the frame, "They say it's urgent." Joy froze at that. The police department? Did something happen again...? Was it Jungkook? Was her family okay?

She safely sets the chemicals aside, telling her team to postpone the experiment until she was back. She throws her gloves and goggles off, prying off all the safety material she had to wear as she rushed to the lobby after Kyle. She'd forgotten her lab coat was on, though her mind was elsewhere. Once she'd hurriedly washed her hands, Kyle leads her to the campus lobby, where she saw two cops standing a bit impatiently, looking around. Joy grips her white lab coat anxiously, praying it wasn't happening again. Lord, please, don't let it happen again.

"Joy Watson?" Asked the balding officer, his blue eyes scanning Joy's body up and down for a moment.

"Y-Yes?"

The officer sighed, holding his hat in both hands. Joy's breath trembled, "You know Jungkook Jeon?" He asked.

Please no. She bobs her head hesitantly. Did something happen? Not him, please not him.

"I-Is he okay? He isn't..." she choked on her words, a hot lump forming in her throat. The tension was killing her.

"He was caught in a crossfire saving civilians," Joy's heart sinks at the word was. "Right now he's in the emergency room. He kept asking for you on the way there until he passed out, and he has no family to contact here, so..." Joy's eyes become saucers.

"Oh my God! I need to go see him-!" She said frantically, unsure what to do with herself.

"It's alright, we'll take you there, ma'am, Lance here will get your things. Come with me." He motioned her to follow, Joy didn't hesitate, rushing behind the officer to his police car. Joy fumbles with her hands as he drives, trying not to panic. Her chest felt tight, yet her heart was throbbing to no end, making her chest ache and her breathing difficult.

Her breath is shaky once the vehicle approaches the hospital, she wastes no time climbing out, unbuckling her seat belt and shoving the door open. Her heels click quickly against the pavement as she runs as fast as she can in her skirt, not bothering to adjust it as she goes. She enters through the automatic doors and weaves past paramedics to the front desk.

"Jeon Jungkook, where is he? What room is he in?" She demanded. The desk clerk a little startled by her sudden appearance.

"He's in surgery, ma'am you can't interrupt the procedure-"

"Surgery?" Her shoulders fell and her voice quivered, barely a whisper, she blinks at the realization of it. She could lose him. The man she grew so fond of, who kept her and Marble company... the man she loved.

"You'll have to wait until the surgery..." Joy hadn't bothered to listen to the clerks explanation, walking away without a word, needing to have a seat. She felt light-headed and woozy. A nurse guides her to the waiting area, helping her sit down, as Joy wasn't walking so steadily. She was filled with so much panic and adrenaline that now her energy was draining rapidly.

"Are you alright ma'am? You look faint." Asked the nurse, Joy nodding, placing her head in her hands.

"Alright, well, you let someone know if you feel sick or..."