Precondition - Final

A/N: Here we are. The final chapter. Thank you guys for such a long and incredibly fulfilling journey with this book. I appreciate each and every one of you for taking an interest, some of you may have even gone against your beliefs to give it a shot (by which I mean you probably aren't too fond of police - and for that I thank you sincerely.) I can't believe we're actually at the end...! I've spent years with this book, these characters - even longer than it's been published. This book was only going to be an experiment when I first published it! Here we are 100k+ reads later. Thanks again for everything, I really can't express it into words!

Word of advice: Take your time with this one. It took a lot out of me to write. Leave a comment. Ask your questions. Give all your anecdotes (I love to read them)! I really value what you guys think of this book and am grateful for all of your feedback that you've graciously provided thus far. I want you to finish this book with some sense of satisfaction. After all, it's been a long time coming. Let me know your thoughts! Provide feedback! Don't be shy! And please, as always, enjoy!

Please stay tuned for an important announcement at the end of the chapter! Peace. ✌🏾💜

Jungkook stares up at the tall building before him with a heavy sigh. Judging by the minimal view he had with his windows practically icing over, - not to mention the rather grey atmosphere outside - it was much more modern than the other station across town. It had a tall glass wall on it's side, and if you were close enough you could see the employees bustling about at work in their large offices, like bees in a hive. Before today, he never had much reason to take a good look at it for what it was. Apparently it was fairly new, at least it had been renovated less than a year ago.

He watches the tinted windows in anticipation, wondering just where the Captain's office would be. That's where he was expected to meet for his interview. He hoped someone was in there to show him around, he'd only ever seen the building from the outside - it was hard to miss. He'd passed it en route plenty of times, but he hadn't ever considered that he may actually work there. He saw himself getting lost rather easily, probably having to bob and weave through endless hallways and navigate through specific elevators to and from wherever his office would be.

"...So where are you staying now, Jeongguk-ah?" Jimin continued, summoning Jungkook back into the conversation. He recalls his thoughts as he looks back down at his phone at the sound of his hyung's voice. Snow crystals were starting to float in the air, collecting on his windshield. Jungkook checked the time again, however he still didn't have to go in for another half hour.

"Joy didn't kick me out or anything, but, I've been packing some clothes. I've been looking at a hotel room close to the new station..." He muttered. The older man hums, like he didn't particularly favor Jungkook's explanation. After all, it wasn't a direct answer to his inquiry. The younger shrugs - he wasn't completely sure how exactly he was going to go about this. Joy wasn't rushing him by any means at all. However, he was sure that if they weren't supposed to be around each other that he should probably get around to finding somewhere to stay in the meantime. Just until he was ready to come back. He didn't want to force her to have to light a fire under his ass and he wasn't inclined to wait for it to happen.

Jimin hums, "Well, Jeongguk, all I can say is that I'm glad you're trying to do better for yourself. I'm glad you met someone who can come to terms with that and not try to 'fix' you. You've got no idea how lucky you are to have that. Most people never get that, or if they do it could take years to even get there."

Jungkook bobs his head, knowing there was validity to his hyung's earnest depiction. That didn't make the longing anymore bearable, though. The desire to stay didn't feel any less intense. He was grateful for Joy's maturity, but the choice they agreed on had punctured his heart. And it still felt like he was bleeding. "I don't know, hyung. I still want to stay, but.... it's for the best. I just don't know how to go about things from here."