Trial

Joy stirs from sleep, hearing scurrying from Marble. She sighs, rubbing her face sleepily, turning her head to see a mass there. It was Jungkook, shirtless.

Joy gawks, in the dimness, his milky skin was glowing, catching the little bit of light in the room, the tip of his nose was protruding from the darkness. She tries to recall what happened after getting home. After a night spent drinking it was usually the moments she was falling asleep that she loses any recollection she may have. This morning was no exception.

She remembered dancing with him, and getting tipsy, all his friends and being taken home. But then what? How'd they end up in the same bed together?

Her eyes widen, horrified as she assumes the worst. They didn't....? No, she wouldn't let her guard down like that. She was just tipsy, and it had only been a couple months! Joy had to make sure that she was on the safe side of things: she lifts the comforter, the light catching beneath the blanket, revealing Namjoon's grey joggers on Jungkook's legs. On the waist line of his underwear, which was peeking out of the joggers slightly, was the name Calvin Klein. Much to her relief, that was the most she'd seen. She sighs in content, glad he wasn't nude in her bed, and neither was she. Her heart calms a bit.

Disregarding the slight scare she had, Joy felt... lighter? She remembers feeling an intense sense of realization from the night before. But couldn't put a name on it, why had she felt that way? It was like her shoulders were lifted and her chest wasn't as weighted. Jungkook's body was close to hers, and she remembered instantly how good it felt to engage in such close contact with him. It felt safe, natural... meant to be.

She could gag at herself for feeling so tender and gushy with affection. But it was true that her emotions had suddenly changed. The man beside her was suddenly seen even clearer.

Speaking of him, Joy recalled their reason for celebration the night before. Today was his birthday. Joy felt she had to do something, she'd gotten him a gift, which was in her closet. But before he wakes up, she should make something for them to eat.

Marble whimpers, Joy hushes him quietly, careful to sit up and swing her legs over the side of the bed. Marble's tail slaps at her ankles, he watches her stand. Joy covers Jungkook's body with the comforter a bit more, Marble following her quickly to the bathroom to brush her teeth and out of her bedroom. She leaves a crack in the door. "Alright, Marble, Mommy's coming. I know you're hungry." She cooed at the puppy, scooping up his food and placing it into his non-spill food bowl, filling up his water bowl as well.

As he gobbles up his kibble - practically inhaling it - she washes her hands thoroughly, grabbing ingredients for pancakes. She'd make a nice, fluffy stack, wanting Jungkook to enjoy them.

Her mother had taught her how to make pancakes from scratch, she found them better that way. She places both finished stacks onto a hot plate to stay warm as she makes eggs. Lastly, she grabs her orange juice, which she sometimes used for smoothies, some strawberries that she cut up, and of course, honey and syrup to drizzle onto her pancakes.

Joy hears shuffling, and a sleepy strain. Jungkook roams into the kitchen, surprised to see two plates of hot breakfast on the counter. "What's all this?" He asked sleepily.

Joy smiles, having just grabbed a birthday candle and lighter. She sticks the candle in the taller stack. Jungkook stares in amusement, looking shy.

"I thought I'd make you a birthday breakfast. Hope you like it."

Jungkook looks back at the food, "I'm sure I will," He assured. "It looks fantastic."

"Thank you, Kookie," She tugs his arm and pulls him closer to the kitchen island, lighting the candle with her lighter. "Make a wish." She granted.