Chapter 16

•Cassie's POV•

•Cassie's POV•

Waking up in an unfamiliar place and not remembering how you got there is a scary feeling. One minute I was in front of Rogers Centre after the hockey game, and the next I was in what I only assumed was the hospital.

How did I get here? I don't remember a thing. I must have passed out.

As I blinked the leftover sleeping drugs out of my system, I looked around my surroundings. The room was huge. The wall to my right was covered in windows, the rest of the walls white, I had my own bathroom, and there were house plants strewn throughout the room. There was also a huge couch with a couple chairs.

My eyes scanned farther to see Andrew looking out the window on his phone.

"Yes, Cassie is fine and so is Shawn. That's all you need to know. I'm not answering any more questions." He spoke into the phone and ended the call. With a sigh he turned around and his eyes landed on me.

I suddenly remembered why I was here. I got stabbed. By that guy from the bar.

"Cassie." Andrew's face contorted into a smile.

I tried to sit up with a grunt. Pain shot up my left side and I fell back down, a grimace settling on my face.

"Woah, Cassie. Stop moving-"

"Where is Shawn?" I asked frantically. "Is he okay?" My head whipped from side to side looking for him.

"Hey! He's fine. Right now I'm worried about you. Let me go get the doctor." Andrew said and quickly strode out of the room.

Shawn's okay? Thank god. I let out a sigh of relief.

I moved my hand down to the bandages adorning my waist. I sucked in a breath through my teeth as my hand grazed over the area. That's going to hurt for a while.

Making sure the rest of my body was okay, I bent my knees a little and wiggled my toes. Everything worked. Damn I was so relieved.

Just then, Andrew came back in with a doctor and a couple nurses pushing a metal table with all kinds of bandages and small bottles on it.

"Cassie." The doctor smiled, standing at the end of my bed. "I'm Dr. Kahn. How are you feeling?" He was an older man whose face was comforting for some reason.

"Hello." I greeted. "I think I'm okay right now."

"Great! You gave us quite a scare. No serious damage has been done but we did have to perform surgery on your wound. You seem to be aware of your surroundings too which is a great sign." He noted. He went on to explain what they did in the surgery, which made no sense to me, but I listened quietly anyway. Then he said that I would have to stay in the hospital for another week.

"Okay." I replied, taking it all in. I didn't want to be here for a whole week, but I had to listen to the doctor.

"You're bandages will have to be changed twice a day, that's why my nurses are here right now." He gestured to the 2 nurses who walked in with him.