Chapter 6

Tomorrow we are leaving for California

Tomorrow we are leaving for California. Apparently Shawn has some promo for his next album there. I've always dreamed of going to LA, so I'm VERY excited. Of course I told Shawn my dream of becoming an actress and my obsession with LA. He keeps making fun of me for how bright eyed I get when we talk about the trip, but I can't help it.

Things have taken a turn in the last week. Maybe he's just a very flirty person, and I even thought so at our park date, but I think Shawn might be trying to get closer to me, as more than just friends. I always catch him stealing glances at me, he's been complimenting me a lot, and he's also been very touchy-feely with me. When he's sitting next to me, he always keeps his hand on my leg or my knee, and is always making sure that he's touching me in some way when we're close.

What I've realized throughout all this flirtation is that I think I'm starting to feel something for him too. Ever since we agreed to start over, he's shown me a different side to him. I get butterflies whenever I see him. I tried to suppress it, but for some reason I just can't.

And today is no different. I stood outside of his hotel room door, trying to steady my heart rate. He asked me if I wanted to come over and watch a movie with him before we leave in the morning. He said Andrew told him he had to, but I had a feeling he was doing it for himself since Andrew didn't say anything to me. Either way, I knocked on his door.

He answered wearing nothing but a towel. Holy crap. He must have just gotten out of the shower. His perfect body was glistening, and I couldn't peel my eyes away.

"Hey." He said casually. I pried my eyes away from his body to look at his face. He was smirking.

"Uh...hey." I said slowly, looking back down. I mean come on.

"Sorry I just got out of the shower. Come in." He replied, confirming my suspicions.

He winked at me before grabbing some clothes and running back into the bathroom. I watched as he went, before I slowly walked in, closing the door behind me.

Boy was I not expecting that. I gulped. I just know he did that on purpose.

I sat on his bed and grabbed the remote in a daze, flipping through tv channels. Just then, he came back out, fully dressed. I was a little disappointed to be honest. He still look super cute though, clad in a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

He sat next me on the bed, making sure he sat close enough that our thighs were touching. "You still wanna watch a movie?" He asked.

Just then, there was a story on the news that involved a certain someone. "Camila Cabello is to perform at the AMA's this year..." the lady continued speaking but I wasn't listening. I saw Shawn wince out of the corner of my eye. Here we go again. Him acting all weird when we hear her name. I didn't want to think about them tonight so I tried to change the subject back to us.

"Yeah let's do it." I smiled.

"Great!" He snapped out of it, "What do you want to watch?" Thank god. I thought about it before replying with one of my favorites.