Chapter 9

I took Andrew's advice about not having to talk to Shawn

I took Andrew's advice about not having to talk to Shawn. I can't stand being near him, let alone speaking to him.

It felt SO good to get all of that out the other night. I've been fooling myself this whole time into thinking that Shawn has some humanity, deep as it may be, but he definitely doesn't.

Luckily ever since my outburst, he also hasn't said a word to me. He looks almost timid whenever we're in the same room, like he wants to say something, but then decides against it. Good. I'll talk to him when I'm ready.

There isn't even a place I can go to get away from him. All I can do is stay in my room and try to keep myself occupied. Not that I would run into him, he barely leaves his room or studio anyway.

I've been starting to get a little stir crazy though, which is why I'm finally going to go grocery shopping today. Shawn still has no food in his apartment and I am sick of eating take-out. I decided not to tell Andrew. I think I'll be okay as long as I keep a low profile.

With a baseball cap and sunglasses on, I was able to make it out of the apartment without any trouble from the fans or paparazzi that were waiting outside.

After making it a couple blocks from the building, I  inhaled the fresh air, finally being able to relax. The past month, especially the past week, have been extremely stressful. It felt so good to get out and be normal for a change. No Shawn. No fake dating. Just me.

There was a grocery store right down the street, so I decided to go there. Since Andrew gave me a company credit card, I just got whatever the hell I wanted, basically stocking up his entire pantry for a family of 5.

After I got back and lugged all the groceries in to the kitchen by myself, I started putting them away. I turned the tv on to Entertainment Tonight so it was playing softly in the background. Just then I heard a door creak open and footsteps make their way closer.

Shawn and I ignored each other as he reached the kitchen. I continued unpacking and putting things away while he opened the refrigerator for something.

Just as he was about to walk out, a woman from the show started speaking about a new story. "In other news, Camila Cabello and new boyfriend Matthew Hussey seem to be getting pretty close." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Shawn snap his head to the tv. "They were seen out yesterday holding hands and running errands. Aren't they sweet?!" Paparazzi pictures appeared on screen of the couple hugging and smiling at each other with their hands intertwined. Shawn was silent for a while, just staring straight ahead of himself.

Once he broke out of his trance, he strode off to his room without another word and slammed the door shut.

He always acts weird when we hear Camila's name, but this was different. For the first time, I actually saw sadness in his eyes. I blinked the thoughts away. He wants me to stay out of it, so I will. I shrugged and returned to what I was doing.