Chapter 14

I was so surprised at first I didn't know what to do

I was so surprised at first I didn't know what to do. Shawn was kissing me! Did this mean that he liked me? It had to mean something.

His lips were so soft against mine, I couldn't help but close my eyes and enjoy them. I felt his left hand grab my hip while the other gently held the side of my face. He was so delicate with me it made my knees go weak. He was a great kisser.

As things heated up, he began walking us backwards, our lips never separating. The kiss was slow as I followed his lead.

It wasn't until my back touched something hard that I realized we were against the wall.

My mind immediately went back to all the times Shawn had me in this position. The first time being when we met. He was an asshole to me, saying that he could never be seen with someone like me and that he was going to make my life miserable. The second time being when he lied about having feelings for me just to mess with me. That one still stung.

The thoughts hit me like a ton of bricks and I hastily pulled away from him.

"Shawn w-we can't do this." I nervously stuttered, a little frantic.

What was I thinking? He'll never actually feel the same way about me. He's just bored and hasn't gotten any action in a while. He must be toying with me again. He has to be.

"Hey," he began, trying to calm me down.  "Why can't we?" We were both trying to catch our breath.

He took a step towards me and I took one back. His face showed hurt, but I didn't believe it.

"Shawn, if you're doing this because of Harry, then please stop. You were in love with Camila only weeks ago! You're just playing with me now and I won't let you." I got out really fast. Shawn's eyes went wide at my words.

"Woah, woah, woah. You think I'm just playing with you?" He asked softly. "Cassie, I'm not! I swear. I know you feel this too!" He gestured between us.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't lie and say I didn't feel anything towards him, I just didn't think he actually felt the same way towards me.

I didn't say anything so he continued. "I would never play with you. Everything I just said and did, I meant all of it." I wanted to believe him. Boy did I want to, but I've been through this before.

"But you did! A month ago! Did you forget already? Did you forget how you made me like you, and then pulled the rug out from under me? Because I haven't forgotten." I yelled, suddenly becoming angry again.

"I was just going through a rough spot then! You know that! I told you why I acted that way at the beginning!" He argued.

"I know you say you've been trying to change, but I still don't trust you. You really hurt me then, and I haven't gotten over that yet. I'm trying, but you need to earn back my trust if you're serious about this." I replied.