Chapter 8

Two months in

Two months in.

When Andrew first told me about this job, before I knew what Shawn was really like, I thought it would be awesome fake dating Shawn Mendes. Boy was I wrong. He's a good actor, though, I'll give him that.

After his anxiety attack last week, he's been avoiding me. I keep trying to bring it up and talk to him about it, but he always brushes me off with a rude comment or insult. Maybe I should just let him deal with it on his own and stay out of it.

That's going to be a little hard starting today though. It's the day that I have been dreading: move in day. And I'm contractually obligated to go through with it.

Andrew told me that it would be good for us to live together. If paparazzi could get photos of us, then the fans would see that he is calming down and not being his annoying player self.

But he's annoying either way. If only people knew the real Shawn Mendes.

"Alright Cassie! This is Shawn's place. Make yourself at home!" Andrew exclaimed as he opened the door to Shawn's beautiful Toronto apartment. Shawn followed behind us, sulking like a little kid who wasn't allowed to leave the dinner table unless he finished his vegetables.

I pulled Andrew aside. "Andrew do I have to live here? We hate each other!" I protested.

Andrew sighed. "Cassie, please help me with this. You don't even have to talk to him, it's just for the look of it." He assured.

"But-"

"Alright Shawn!" Andrew began, turning away from me before I could protest further. "I'm off to another meeting with one of my other clients. Give Cassie the tour and show her to her room. Please play nice." He said and gave Shawn a stern look. He then walked through the door, closing it on the way out.

I heard Shawn sigh angrily. "Follow me." He walked off down a hallway without waiting for my response.

I took this opportunity to confront him about his anxiety attack. "Shawn wait!" I yelled after him.

"I'm not talking about it with you!" He yelled back, still walking down the hallway.

"Shawn! Please!" I ran after him. "You really should go see-"

He quickly turned around and cut me off. "Cassie, will you just fucking let it go?!" He yelled louder than I've ever heard him yell. I took a step back, surprised. "It's none of your damn business so stay out of it!" He was fuming. The look in his eyes scared me a bit.

"I'm just trying to help." I timidly whispered, looking down.

"Well don't! Just let me give you the damn tour and then we can pretend each other doesn't exist."

I'm just concerned for him. I know how bad anxiety is, especially when you're dealing with it by yourself. I was determined to get to the bottom of the mystery that is Shawn. I'll let it go for now, but this is definitely not over.