Chapter 4

For the first ten minutes, we sat in silence

For the first ten minutes, we sat in silence. Probably the most uncomfortable silence you could imagine. I didn't want to be to be the one to speak first, and I could tell that he didn't want to either.

This was all his fault. He's the one who decided not to walk me. I just agreed because he was pissing me off. But of course we both get punished.

Shawn suddenly stood up. "This is all your fault, you know. You didn't even try at all to get me to walk you."

My eyesbrows raised in shock. What the hell? No way he just said that. That makes no sense. I scoffed, shaking my head and stood up too.

"Are you serious right now? This is all YOUR fault for not just walking me in the first place. You can't do anything without complaining. Like seriously is it really that hard? But no, you had to watch your precious hockey game." I rebutted. No effing way he's going to blame this on me. Uh-uh. No way.

I saw a fire flash in his eyes. "You're a grown fucking adult, why should I have to walk you home. Lots of couples walk home alone, why would I ever think someone would take a picture and spread it that fast."

"You're a celebrity! Aren't you used to shit like this? You should have known something was going to happen. You're so irresponsible." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh and you're soooo mature. I'm not buying this good girl act you like to put off. It's pathetic!"

My mouth dropped open. "'Good girl act'? That is not what I'm doing! You don't even know me! Maybe if you gave me a chance from the start, things wouldn't be like this." I was growing frustrated again. The reason we hate each other is because of him.

Now it was his turn to roll his eyes. "You know I-" We heard a knock at the door.

"Less arguing, more bonding." We heard Andrew yell.

I sighed before speaking. "Listen, I don't know what I did to make you hate me so much or what happened to you to make you like this, but we're in this together for a year. In that time, we can either make the best of it, or it can be all for nothing. It's up to you, but I'm down to start over." I put both my hands up in surrender. One of us has to give in, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be Shawn. I guess I'm taking one for the team.

He didn't say anything, just stood staring out the window. Great. I guess we're going to be stuck in here all day. If he could just this once get over himself, maybe we cou-

"Fine. I guess you're right." I heard him say out of nowhere. My head snapped towards him.

"Wait what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

He took a deep breath. "You're right. I don't know you." He sighed. "I think I've just been mad. I never wanted a fake girlfriend, and I didn't have any say in the matter. I've been going through some things lately and I've been taking it out on you. I'm......sorry." He looked apologetic.