Chapter 12

"So your mom's name is Karen, and your dad's  name is Manuel? And your sister's name is Aaliyah and she's 5 years younger than us?" I asked Shawn

"So your mom's name is Karen, and your dad's name is Manuel? And your sister's name is Aaliyah and she's 5 years younger than us?" I asked Shawn.

Ever since Shawn's appointment and the run in with his fans, something has seriously changed. He seems happier and he's nicer to me. Not once has he given me attitude on anything. I would even go as far as to say that we're friends now.

We've been getting along really well. I learned that we have a similar sense of humor, that we're both sarcastic, and we both love Harry Potter. The important stuff.

"You got it," he said back, "now let me make sure I have your family right." He paused and playfully narrowed his eyes at me while I sat there expectantly.

We were sitting on the couch on his balcony, just talking and getting to know each other a little more. We talked about our backgrounds and exchanged childhood stories, all of which he would never have shared with me before. Now we got onto the topic of family.

I was suspicious of his sudden change, but decided to just see what happens. I wouldn't let my feelings escalate, but things were better now, and I wanted to roll with it.

"Your mom's name is also Karen, that's easy. Your dad's name is Jim and you have two sisters named Carlie and Emily. And you're the middle child." He recited.

I nodded my head and smiled. "Yep! You got it all right."

"I told you I have a good memory." He smirked at me.

I jokingly rolled my eyes at him and got up to look over the railing that surrounded his large balcony. Since his apartment was very high up, the view was amazing.

I heard rustling behind me and then felt a presence next to me on the railing. We both looked over at the buildings and the CN Tower in a comfortable silence. It felt kind of weird since I was so used to our silences being hostile, or broken by him saying something awful about me. I definitely prefer this.

"It's still crazy to me that I live here now and I'm fake dating a celebrity. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it." I spoke my mind without looking at him and sighed.

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw his head turn to me.

"Do you regret it?" He asked somewhat nervously. "You know, signing the contact and all?" He bit his lip waiting for my answer.

I thought about it before replying. "I'll be honest, I definitely did." I looked down at the railing. "You made me feel horrible for our whole first month. What kept me going was Andrew. He's so nice and he's best friends with my mom. I really wanted to help him." It was the truth.

He was quiet for a second, taking in my words. "What about now?"

I turned my head towards him, catching his gaze before slowly answering. "I don't regret it anymore." I said softly.