Chapter 7

I clutched on tight to the post it note as I walked back to my apartment

I clutched on tight to the post it note as I walked back to my apartment. I couldn't help the tears from building in my eyes. I tried to hard to not let them fall, to not let him get to me.

So everything he said to me was a lie? Him being nice to me was just an act? His promise to start over; he didn't mean any of it?

There's no way that's true. No one is that awful. I needed an explanation.

I frantically searched around my pockets for my phone. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

One ring. Two rings. Three rings. Four rings. Five-

"What?" He answered annoyed.

I sniffled before replying. "Shawn what d-"

He cut me off. "Didn't you read the note I left you?"

I paused, "well yeah, but I don't understa-"

He cut me off again. "How do you not understand? I never liked you. It was all a big joke." He paused waiting for my response. I couldn't say anything.

"Wait...you actually thought that I liked you?" He laughed, "Cassie you're nothing, just some random girl my agency is paying to follow me around. I told you when we first met and I'll tell you again; there is no way that I'll ever like you. If you're expecting us to get along or something, you might as well just stop dreaming."

Each world was like a dagger to my chest.

"Get over it. I have to go. We're landing" And then he hung up. I just sat there on the ground staring straight ahead with the phone still to my ear. I couldn't help but start silently crying.

How could he do this to me?

After a couple days of staying home and being depressed, not just about Shawn, but also about missing the trip, I told myself that he wasn't worth it. Yeah I was sad that I didn't get to go to LA, but there will be other opportunities. Now I'm just pissed.

I can't believe I let him string me along. I felt stupid and ashamed, just blindly listening to him. I felt my walls go up, strong and unbreakable. I was never going to let him take advantage of me ever again. He was officially the biggest asshole I have ever met. Him being my celebrity crush? That was long gone now. I never wanted to see him again.

But unfortunately for me, I had to.

Him and Andrew were coming over to "see how I was doing." I found out that Andrew thought I didn't come with them because I was sick. That's what Shawn told him.

Shawn has also been texting me threatening me to not tell Andrew. He said he would make my life worse if I did. I don't know what to do.

Suddenly I heard a knock. A deep breath was taken in, before I walked over to the door and opened it up.