Chapter 13

It's Halloween tomorrow

It's Halloween tomorrow. My second favorite holiday. Right behind Christmas.

Shawn and I are going to a Halloween party that Niall Horan was hosting. Yeah, you heard me right. That Niall Horan. I'm so excited!

I'm a HUGE One Direction fan, so this is totally surreal that I get to go to a Halloween party hosted by him. When the band broke up, I was distraught. I'm so glad that they all continued to pursue music, though.

The party is in New York City. We've been back in the city for a couple days now, since Shawn had some business to attend to at Island Records. I'm not complaining though. It gives me a chance to catch up with my college friends, which is where I was headed now.

As I approached the entrance to the campus, I looked up at the school that I went to for about a year until all this Shawn stuff began. Not gonna lie, I really miss it.

I texted my friends in our groupchat that I was here. I got a text back right away from Hailey saying that they were a minute away.

I took in a deep breath and wrapped my jacket a little tighter around me. It wasn't too cold outside, but the brisk October air still made me shiver.

I looked down at my phone to see if I had any new texts, but was interrupted when someone crashed into me, wrapping their arms around me.

"CASSIE!" Hailey yelled. I laughed and hugged her back.

"HEY GUYS!" When I was finally able to pry Haileys arms from around me, I hugged Lexi and Jasmine as well.

"I've missed you so much!" I exclaimed.

"We miss you too!" Jasmine replied. "And you have a lot of explaining to do!"

I had to tell them I was fake dating Shawn before I left, and I knew that they would be curious as to what I've been up to since then. I nervously smiled. "A lot has happened you guys don't even know."

"Then why are we doing here? Let's go to Starbucks and you can tell us all about it." Lexi said excitedly. She loved her coffee. And drama.

We all nodded and made our way to the Starbucks on campus. We made small talk on the way and got into the line. I asked them how their classes were going, what they've been doing, and just about how their lives are going. It was so great to catch up.

Once we ordered and got our drinks, we found a table in the very corner where there was no one around to hear our conversation.

As soon as we sat down, they began shooting questions at me.

"What is he like?"

"Are you guys in love?"

"What celebrities have you met?"

"How is it living with him?"

"Is he how you pictured him to be?"

My mind was spinning as I figured out which question to answer first.