Chapter 3

"Hey Shawn, can you hand me a water bottle?" I asked

"Hey Shawn, can you hand me a water bottle?" I asked. It's been about a week since our first date. Andrew has been forcing us every day to hang out in Shawn's hotel room to help us bond, but let's just say it has not been working. After our first date, I thought maybe we were getting somewhere, but then the whole Camila thing happened, and now we are right back to where we started.

I waited for him to respond, but he didn't. Most of the time when we hang out, he's ignoring me. When he does talk to me, it just ends up in a fight between us. At this point, I'm starting to get frustrated.

"Shawn?" I tried again. "The mini fridge is right next to you. Can you hand me a water bottle PLEASE?" I asked annoyed.

Nothing.

"Shawn?!" I tried once more, raising my voice.

"Can you shut up? I'm trying to watch the Leafs game. Get it yourself." He suddenly barked at me, then turned his attention back to the hockey game playing on the hotel tv.

Rather than let my growing frustration get the best of me, I just stayed quiet. I'm over it. How the heck am I going to help this guy's reputation. I don't think it's possible.

Think of the opportunities this will bring, I remind myself. Think of the possibility of achieving your childhood dream. So many people would kill to be in this position. You can do it. I took a deep breath.

"Actually, can you walk me back to my apartment like Andrew said? I'm getting tired." Yeah, tired of his bullshit.

Andrew is making him walk me in case there's paparazzi. The more we get photographed together the better apparently. Shawn of course protested, but Andrew said that he was going to check with the hotel staff.

He huffed before giving me a "Fuck that. I'm only walking until we get around the block so the hotel workers don't see, then you can walk the rest of the way."

"Fine by me." I turned my back towards him and to the door. That's the best thing he's suggested since I met him.

He grabbed my hand when we exited his hotel and we put on a lovey dovey show for anyone who may be watching, though all I wanted was to be away from him.

Once we got around the corner where no one could see, we ripped our hands away from each others and went in our separate directions, neither of us even saying goodbye. I hope Shawn's not dumb and just went back into the hotel. Andrew would find out. All I could do was hope.

Whatever. I put on my headphones and want on my way.

When I got back to my apartment, I showered, changed, and decided to call my mom. This boy is annoying the absolute hell out of me. I need to rant.

She picked up after 3 rings. "Hey Cass." She spoke my childhood nickname into the line.

"Mom. I can't do this with him. I can't." I cut straight to it. It's only been a week since I met the guy and it's already taking a toll.