Chapter 15

•Shawn's POV•

•Shawn's POV•

I sat in the hospital's waiting room with my head in my hands. These last couple hours have been crazy. It went from such a great day, to probably the worst of my life.

How the hell could I let something like this happen?

I almost forgot about that bastard and his threat. How could I be so stupid to let my guard down?

And now Cassie was in surgery. Because of me. I rubbed my face with my hands at the thought.

They've been working on her wound for the past 4 hours. It's almost 1 am. There were huge bags under my eyes and I was exhausted. I didn't care though, I had to make sure that she was okay.

Andrew came behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. It was just Andrew and I in the room, since the hospital gave us a private waiting room. My parents and sister were on their way too.

"She's going to be okay Shawn." He assured, but how could he know? He didn't see all the blood. There was so much blood. It still stained my shirt and hands. I looked down at them. What if she's not going to make it?

I shot out of my seat. "I'll be back." I needed to get out of there. I walked as fast as I could to the bathroom and immediately started scrubbing the blood off my hands. I don't want to see it anymore.

It wasn't coming off, so I scrubbed harder. When it still didn't come off, I got frustrated and punched the wall next to the mirror.

This is all my fault. She wouldn't have gotten stabbed or even punched that day if it wasn't for me.

I slumped to the ground and sat there for a second, just hating myself for what I caused.

I've only known Cassie for 2 and a half months, but she's affected me so much in that short time.

When we met, I was going through some personal stuff and still getting over my breakup with Camila. I was just angry at the world and I took it out on her. I didn't mean any of it.

I didn't want to admit it, but from the first day I met her at Island Records, I thought she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I couldn't let her know though because I didn't want a fake girlfriend, and like I said, I was just angry.

But now, months later, we've grown pretty close as friends, though I wanted to be more.

She's funny, and smart, and pretty much the only girl to ever speak her mind and be honest with me. That's what I liked about her the most.

She wasn't afraid to call me an asshole to my face and put me in my place. But she was also extremely caring. Even though I treated her horribly, she never stooped down to my level. She was there whenever I needed her.

To be honest, I think I had been crushing on her for a while now. I couldn't hold it in that night she came to pick me up from the bar. The first night she got hit instead by that fucking guy. I had wanted to kiss her that night. Even though I was a little drunk, I knew exactly what I was doing.