28. November

Amelia's POV.

"Father!"

Mr. Patrick stumbles on the ground, his chest bleeding. He stepped in front of Leonardo to protect him. Oh my God...

"Patrick!" Ellen runs towards her husband and touches his chest lightly. "Call an ambulance, hurry!"

"What did you do Jennifer!" I yell at her, stepping closer to her even though she has a gun and can kill me in any moment.

She widens her eyes at Mr. Patrick's chest bleeding. "I... I didn't mean to shoot him."

Leonardo comes towards me and Jennifer. "You're going to pay for this Jennifer! Pray for my dad or else you're going to suffer for the rest of your life for what you did!"

"It's all Amelia's fault!" She shouts. "Because of her, someone innocent is paying!"

We hear ambulance sirens coming along with the police.

"Leonardo, the ambulance and the police are coming." Parker informs us.

Jennifer widens her eyes. "Police? No, I can't go to jail."

"Yes you are." I glare at her.

"Not before killing you!" She directs the gun at me again.

I smile humorously. "Go on, kill me. But is it worth it? Leonardo will never marry you after what you did, he'll never love you! You're going to end up in jail and spend your precious years inside a cage. So tell me Jennifer, is it worth it? You lost."

"Amelia what are you doing?!" Leonardo shouts. "Stay away from her!"

The ambulance and the police rush into the backyard and the police direct their guns at Jennifer. "Drop the gun!"

The ambulance takes Mr. Patrick and Ellen leaves with him just because Leonardo told her to. She was afraid for his life.

"Well, Amelia..." Jennifer starts, still holding the gun. "I guess we've reached the end of the game. As you know, there's going to be only a winner."

"Drop the gun, now!" The police orders.

Jennifer smirks.

"You know what Amelia?" She begins, and I shake my head. "I hate you. Leonardo..."

Leo waits for her to speak.

"Don't forget me, your best friend and the girl who loved you more than anyone else."

"Jennifer what do you mea-"

But before Leo can finish his sentence, Jennifer directs the gun to herself and pulls the trigger.

***

Two days later

"Is my dad okay?" Leonardo asks the nurse who just got out of Mr. Patrick's room.

"Yeah, don't worry. As we said before he was lucky for getting shot on his shoulder or else it would have been fatal." The nurse explains and smiles.

"Can we see him?"

"Of course, but don't tire him too much. He still needs to chill."

"Okay thanks."

The nurse leaves and me and Leonardo get inside the room. Mr. Patrick is awake and when he sees his son he smiles. "Son."

"Dad." Leonardo sits beside him on the bed and touches his hand. "Are you feeling okay?"

Mr. Patrick nods. "Yeah, just a slight pain don't worry."