17. The eyes never lie

Leonardo's POV.

I open my eyes and the blinding light coming from the big window falls directly on my eyes. I put my hand over my eyes to prevent the light from making me temporarily blind and make an effort to move and close the curtain. When I try to get up, something holds me back, not letting me go. I turn my head on my right, and see Amelia beside me, her leg thrown over my stomach, and her arm thrown over my chest. Her head is buried on the crook of my neck.

And I thought she wanted to sleep as far as possible from me.

I gently try to move her arm from my chest, but unconsciously she snuggles more and holds me tight. I take a look at her face. I can only see the half of it, but even the half of it look beautiful. I look closely at her small freckles on her nose and her long eyelashes, her pink full lips... Her mouth is slightly open, which causes her to do a light snoring sound. Her hair has fallen lightly on her face, and I tuck it behind her ear.

Beautiful.

Just in that moment, Amelia opens her eyes, and hers meet mine for 0.0001 seconds. She just continues to look at me, and me doing the same. Then she speaks.

"Um, what are you doing?"

Fuck, she caught me staring at her. "Um, what am I doing?" I ask innocently.

"Why are you on my personal side of the bed?"

I almost burst out laughing. And I thought she caught me staring, or maybe she did but didn't say anything. "Your personal space? I think you mean my personal space."

She makes an 'huh' kind of expression, and raises her head. She looks behind her and realises that she was the one who moved on her sleep and came to my side of the bed. She takes a look at me again, and then at her arm which is resting on my chest and her leg which is resting on my stomach. She makes eye contact with me and then gets up with the speed of light.

Which causes her to fall on the floor.

Bump.

"Fuck the fuck!" She says. I can't help but chuckle.

"Need help?" I say, looking at her from above the bed. I extend my hand for her to grab it, but she doesn't grab it very tight and when I make an effort to pick her up from the ground, I lose balance and fall on the floor too.

Actually, on top of her.

She lets out a squeal. I look at her and she looks at me. Then suddenly, we burst out laughing. Hard. After getting our composure, we just continue looking into each other's eyes.

"What a great way to start the day, huh?" She says sarcastically.

"Yeah, totally." I reply. But I mean it.

"Um, can you get off me now? Or do you want to stay like this all day?"

"Actually, why not?" I wink at her.

She blushes.

"Umm... You have a meeting ahead of you."

Shit. I check the time on my wristwatch.  14:25.

"What the hell?!" I exclaim, getting off from Amelia. I help her getting up, and I start searching through my wardrobe for a formal business suit. "How did we sleep for so long? Oh God, I have only twenty minutes left to go to the restaurant and meet him."

"What?" I hear Amelia squealing. "Oh God what will I do first in twenty minutes?"

We both start dressing up (of course Amelia changes inside the bathroom), fixing our hair and wearing our shoes. Amelia puts on a little makeup and we both run out of the hotel room.