27. Gunshot

Leonardo's POV.

"What about this dress?" Jennifer snaps me out of my thoughts, waving a long strapless purple dress in front of my face.

"Nice." I say.

She frowns. "You said that to the other five dresses too. Come on, you're not being really helpful."

We've been in this clothing store for two hours already and I'm getting really bored. It's just a dress, grab and buy it! But I can't blame Jennifer though, she's excited for the upcoming wedding.

It has been two months since my grandmother died, and now it's April. The days after her death weren't easy for neither of us- especially for my mom. She kept crying and suffering, we had to inject her tranquilizers to keep her calm. She experienced it very badly. But as weeks passed by, she was getting used to the fact that she was gone. I experienced it very badly too. She was the closest person I had after Tamara's death, and now she's gone. It just feels like I'm losing all the people I love one by one. Thankfully, I have my family and my best friends, also Jennifer.

"I think this purple dress is perfect for the cocktail." She grins and decides to buy it. "Okay so, now there's only the wedding dress and your wedding suit left." She smiles at me and I try to turn it back, but it only comes out as a forced one.

Jennifer frowns and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Honey, is everything okay? You don't seem excited about our wedding.

Our wedding was unplanned and unexpected. We, I mean, our parents decided last week to marry us. They said if we got married, their companies would be unstoppable and the most powerful. I didn't argue with them, I just agreed. I had enough of girls leaving me, one because she died and one because she wanted my money. But for me, Amelia is dead. I don't believe I can love anyone else for now. The only right person for me was Tamara, all the other girls are irrelevant. So I thought, why don't I give myself to someone who really loves me. Why don't I start a relationship with Jennifer? She has always been there for me but I was foolish. I had her by my side all my life yet I wanted someone else. She loves me without conditions, and maybe one day I'll love her the same way she loves me. She waited for me, and it was worth the wait. She got what she wanted- me. But I didn't.

"No Jennifer, I'm happy too." I assure her, but it is a lie. "It's just that this happened so fast."

She tilts her head to one side. "Babe, I know you're nervous, I am too. You don't know for how long I have been waiting for this moment. For the day I would become your wife." She leans forward and gives me a peck on the lips which I don't return.

"Okay so let's go buy your wedding suit, I'll buy my dress tomorrow with your mom. You can't see it before the wedding, it's considered bad luck if you do." She giggles and I smile.

After paying for the purple dress, we go and search for my suit. It didn't matter to me, but Jennifer was very excited and was choosing a bunch of suits for me to try on. After trying ten of them, (and they were all the same), Jennifer decides on the one she likes the most. I would never have pictured myself in a wedding suit. It is just too much for me. When me and Amelia planned on being wife and husband, we were more into a small family occasion, not a big one so everybody would know that I was getting married. But of course my dad wouldn't miss the chance to show the world that his son was getting married with the daughter of another's billionaire.

Where did Amelia come up in my mind from anyway?

After paying for my suit also and a pair of shoes, we hop inside my car and head to the apartment. Jennifer has been living with me since two months ago. I wasn't really sure about it but she insisted and I agreed. I don't know, sometimes I feel like I'm doing a mistake. I'm giving fake hopes to her while I don't love her but she does, more than she loves herself. But it's good to feel loved without conditions after all. We arrive at the apartment and go inside. Jennifer puts the bags carefully on the couch and I lean on the wall, thinking about how my life will be after marriage.