5. Call me Leo

Leonardo's POV.

I am drinking coffee and scrolling through social media, when my phone rings.

I see the caller ID and it is Parker. I accept the call and press my phone to my right ear, holding the mug full of coffee in my left hand.

"What's up man?" I say through the phone, taking a sip of coffee.

"Nothing much dude." He replies. I hear Jason's voice too, and I guess they are together.

"We found out about your grandma, your dad told us. Sorry to hear that."

"Yeah. I wasn't expecting this. Neither of us."

"Be strong dude." I hear Jason say.

"I'm trying." I sigh.

"I have something to tell you about the chick I fucked last night. That bitch Olivia, told me she wanted to be in a serious relationship with me, and I accepted. Not that I loved her or something, I just liked the idea of having a 'girlfriend' to fuck over and over. But guess what? I went to her house in the middle of the night, climbed in her window and saw her fucking some other guy. Fucking bitch. You should've seen the look on her face when she saw me there---"

I hear footsteps coming, and I take a look behind me. It's just Amelia coming downstairs. I wink at her just to see her reaction, but she sticks out her tongue at me and throws herself on the couch. She takes the remote and scrolls through the channels. I just can't help but stare at her.

"Duh, damn attitude." I mutter.

"What?" I hear Parker talking through the phone. I wasn't listening to any of the things he was saying about the girl he fucked last night. Was her name Veronica?

"Leonardo, are you listening to me?"

"Uh-huh." I continue staring at Amelia. She is focused on a TV show, playing with her hair, her feet plopped on the table.

"Stop doing that." She says, and I look around the room if there was someone else she was talking to. Then my gaze goes back to her.

"I said, stop doing that." She repeats, her eyes focused on the TV screen.

"What am I doing?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I hear Parker say.

She changes her sitting position, now facing me.

"That." She points her finger at me.

"This what?" I get confused.

"What?" Parker says. "Dude, are you on drugs? Are you having hallucinations? I think we said that we were never going to try drugs."

"Stop staring at me!" Amelia yells.

I realise that she caught me staring at her.

"I'm not staring at you."

"Yes you were, and you still are."

Embarrassed from being caught, I remove my gaze from her.

"How can you stare at me when I'm on the other side of the phone, four hours away from you?" Parker raises his voice an octave.

"I'm not talking to you." I finally say, after turning my attention back to Parker.

"Then who are you talking to?"

"Amelia." I reply, even though he has no clue who she is.

"Amelia?" He thinks for a second. "Man, are you with some girl at the moment we're talking? Because I thought you were going to your grandma's. You can't keep it in your pants for more than 24 hours, can you?" I hear him sigh in disappointment sarcastically.