25. Fresh start

Amelia's POV.

1 month later

"Jonah, have you seen my red shirt?" I ask my brother who is eating popcorn while watching TV, his feet plopped on the coffee table.

"No, I haven't." He replies, his mouth full of popcorn.

I continue searching for my red shirt which is nowhere to be found. It is just a shirt but it is my favourite. I open my wardrobe for the millionth time as if it was magically going to appear. I open my drawer, hoping that maybe it was going to be there. I take a look and when I don't find it I get ready to close it, but my eye catches something. Fully opening the drawer, I grab the silver thing who was carelessness thrown inside as soon as I arrived home. My true home. Georgevill.

I hold the necklace on my hand and lightly touch the moon sign hanging on it. It is the necklace Leonardo bought the same day we broke up. I close my eyes and the still fresh memories of one month ago flood inside my mind.

As soon as Leonardo kicked me out of the apartment along with my belongings, I called Parker. He immediately came and I told him me and Leonardo broke up and didn't gave any details. Of course he gasped in shock. He wasn't expecting it, even I didn't. I asked him if he could drive me to the mansion because I had something to do. Luckily he didn't ask any questions so he drove me to the mansion. When I entered the building, I saw Ellen, Mrs. Darwin and Jonah in the living room. My bloodshot eyes didn't go unnoticed by them and they immediately ran towards me, even Jonah. They started asking me questions about what happened to me but I didn't want to answer and feel all the pain coming back. So, I just fished out of my pocket an envelope and gave it to Mrs.Darwin. The envelope had inside the money I owned her. Before she or Ellen could say anything or start asking the same questions, I grabbed Jonah's hand and dragged him behind me.

"Thanks for everything." I told them before running as fast as I could. Ellen and Mrs.Darwin started calling my name behind me but I didn't want to stop. If I did, they would try to convince me to not leave and solve things out. But there was nothing left to solve. Me and Leonardo broke up and that's it.

Thankfully, Parker drove me to the bus station and with the cash money I had, I bought two tickets to Georgevill. He asked me if I wanted to stay with him, but just as a friend's favour and told me to not take it as a benefit from the situation because he saw me as a friend now. Even that I broke up with Leonardo he didn't try to hit on me or something, and I'm really thankful for that. I just needed a friend at that moment.

When it was time for my trip, I hugged Parker and thanked him for all the things that he had done for me. And about the unpleasant events between us, we put them behind our backs. He said I could call him whenever I wanted to and he was always going to be there for me. I doubt he will think the same about me when he hears how I 'wanted Leonardo for money'. I hugged him one last time and got inside the bus. One blink later I found myself at home. I really missed it. The man who kept an eye on my property was in front of my house and I told him he could go because I was going to stay here from now on, and was never turning back. He nodded and left.

Jonah was still confused by the situation and kept asking me why we were leaving, but I told him I was going to explain him everything when we get home. And so I told him me and Leonardo broke up and fought really bad. He hugged me and told me everything was going to be okay. I cried in his arms and to be honest it felt a little weird. A nine year old brother comforting his eighteen year old sister. But I didn't mind though, his comfort was the best.