18. Kiss

Amelia's POV.

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..." I continue singing around in the hotel room, preparing some coffee for myself and for Leonardo. It's 7:15 am in the morning, and I don't usually wake up early but it is Christmas! Also, the first Christmas I'll spend separated from Jonah. I really wanted to be with him today and spend this beautiful day with him like we always do, but unfortunately I can't.

I called him last night and told him I couldn't come because of the bad weather. He got a little upset but said he understands. Also, Leonardo's little cousins have come to the mansion for holidays, and they are about the same age as Jonah. He said he is having a great time with them and is having fun. I talked to Ellen and Mrs. Darwin also, and they said they miss us. Also congratulated Leo for the deal between him and Mr. Jerry.

As we always did this week, me and Leonardo slept in the same bed but I can say it was a little less awkward than the first time. I would sleep some centimetres away from him but in the morning I would wake up in his arms. Seriously, thank God he didn't wake up each time I was sleeping in his arms, or else he would have thought something else. But I'm not denying it, sleeping beside him is so peaceful, and I feel secure. That's this thing about his smell... It is better than any perfume in the world.

"What a sweet aroma!" I hear a voice behind me and I shiver. The body is just an inch away from mine, and the hair in the back of my neck raise up. I slowly turn around to face him, and when I do his eyes meet mine. I realise that he's shirtless and his hard muscles are showing off. I swallow hard and focus my gaze on his eyes. He smirks and walks past me to grab his coffee.

"Um, morning." I finally say, finding my voice. I shake my head to clear my head from what just happened.

"Is everything okay? You look a little red." Leonardo comes towards me, putting his hand over my forehead. "You seem a little hot."

I shake my head. "No, I'm alright." Actually, I was boiling hot but not because I was sick.

"Well, if you say so..." He takes a sip of his coffee.

"Um, Marry Christmas." I say awkwardly. I see Leonardo looking at me for some seconds, before replying.

"Yeah, Marry Christmas to you too."

"I know you don't celebrate it, but I had to say this to someone since it has become a tradition, haha." I laugh awkwardly.

"It's okay." Leonardo smiles, finishing his coffee. Sometimes I forget that he is a coffee addict. He puts the mug on the coffee table, and before I knew it, he puts my mug of coffee away and grabs my hand, dragging me behind him to the wardrobe.

"What are you doing?" I ask surprisingly.

"Get dressed quickly." He orders.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why?"

He sighs. "Just do as I say, I'll be in the bathroom dressing up too." He grabs his clothes and disappears into the bathroom. I look at its door, my lips curved upside down. Then, I grab a pair of jeans, a black sweater and a pair of black boots. I let my hair down and comb it, and put on some mascara and some lip gloss. After I finish my makeup, Leonardo comes out of the bathroom and grabs my hand. We get out of the hotel and he gestures me to get inside his car. I start asking him where we're going, but he just stops me from asking any further and just tells me to keep quiet.

After some minutes, we pull into the parking lot of a shopping mall. Leo steps out of the car and gestures me to do so. I step out of the car too and stay beside him. "Um, what are we doing here?"

He throws me a look. "Christmas shopping, what else?"

I get confused. "I thought you didn't celebrate these holidays?"