2. Mr. Rich

Amelia's POV.

I'm waiting impatiently outside the hospital room where Mrs. Darwin is staying. I check the time. It is 02:13 am. I feel sleepy but I have to resist. After the ambulace came and took Mrs. Darwin I went with her. I took my brother also because he was so scared for her life and I couldn't leave him alone in the middle of the night.

I really hope she is okay. I love Mrs. Darwin so much. She's like a part of my family, and by "my family" I mean only me, her and Jonah.

A nurse comes out of Mrs. Darwin's room and I get up from the chair I was sitting. I go towards her and touch her shoulder lightly.

"Excuse me."

She turns around and faces me. "Yes Miss?"

"Is Mrs. Darwin okay? Is she awake? Can I visit her?"

"Who are you miss? Are you one of Mrs. Darwin family members? I can't give informations to everyone." She eyes me from head to toe.

"Well, we are not blood related but she is like a family to me. We are really close. Her daughter is in another country."

She sighs. "Mrs. Darwin fainted and then she hit her head, that's why her head was bleeding. For more informations wait for the doctor here, so he can tell you something more about her condition."

"But why..."

My words are left unsaid because a doctor calls the nurse for an emergency.

"Sis." My mind turns back to reality after hearing my brother's voice.

"Yeah honey? Do you want something?" I sit close to him and hold his hand.

"Is Mrs. Darwin okay?" Tears start to build up in his eyes and he tries his best to not let them fall.

"I don't know baby, the doctor still hasn't informed us. But I am sure she will be okay. She won't leave us, believe me." I kiss his cheek and continue holding his hand.

"But... what if, she isn't okay and she has to go, and we are never going to see her again?" Fear starts overwhelming me.

What if?

"Honey, you are a big boy now and, you know, even if she has to go far away from us, we have to accept it. People come and go in this world, that's what life is. But we have to be strong, have faith and be positive that Mrs. Darwin is going to be okay. We are going to talk and laugh together, bake cookies, and other stuff. We are going to spend Christmas together and she will stay with us for a long time." Jonah starts smiling a little and I am thankful that I made him be positive about Mrs. Darwin's condition.

"Amelia, I am thirsty. Can you get me some water?" My brother asks me.

"Of course Jonah." I smile at him. I let go of his hand and walk outside the hospital. Near the hospital, there is a small café. I go inside the café and in the other side of the counter, there is a lady, probably in her early thirties. She is wearing an uniform, which is probably the employee's uniform and her hair is in a high ponytail. She flashes me a smile.

"Hello. How can I help you?" Her blue eyes gazing at me.

I just continue staring at her. I don't know, but my tongue tied. My mind went back to my brother's words...

But... What if, she isn't okay and she has to go, and we are never going to see her again?

Without realising, tears start to build in my eyes and fall down my cheeks. I stay there, numb. I really have to be strong, for myself and for Jonah.