7. Omelets

Leonardo's POV.

This summer's gonna hurt like a motherfucker, fucker!

Maroon 5 is blasting through the speakers. I connected my phone with the TV and hit shuffle of the playist I made when I feel unstoppable or like a bad boy. This playlist contains songs which are mostly rap and hip-hop, but there are some other songs which aren't hip-hop or rap at all. I'm singing along with the song, dancing around the living room until I can hardly breathe. Even though we're in november, I still think this summer's gonna hurt like a motherfucker.

My mother comes downstairs, covering her ears with her hands. She looks at me with an annoyed look on her face, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Leonardo, can you turn that damn volume down? I'm trying to fucking relax, doing yoga." She screams through the high volume.

Sometimes, my mom curses more than me and dad. When we were on a family gathering, she cursed all the time, getting glares and weird looks from all the relatives, but, eh, I guess they are used to it now.

"Sorry mom." I turn the volume down in a normal level.

"Thank god." I hear her mutter before going upstairs to do yoga I guess?

I hear the front door opening and closing slightly, then my grandma appears in front of me.

"Hey grandma, where were you? I thought you were doing yoga with my mom upstairs." I walk towards her, placing my hands on my hips.

"Doing what?" My grandma says confused.

Okay nevermind.

"Where are you coming from?" I ask her again.

She goes towards the kitchen, and grabs a glass of water.

"I was at the neighbor's house. You know, old women, gossip and stuff." She waves her hand in the air, drinking water.

"Okay." It's all I say before sitting on the couch and disconnecting my phone from the TV. I scroll through the channels, but there's nothing interesting.

It doesn't take long, when my mom joins us too, exhaling happily.

"How was the yoga session mom?" I ask her, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

My mom gives me a murderous glare, and I raise my hands jokingly in the air, in surrender.

My mom faces my grandma, who is already opening her mouth to say something.

"Ellen, what was that thing that you were doing upstairs? Leonardo told me but I didn't get it."

"It is yoga mom, you should try it sometimes." My mom says, stretching her arms.

"What does this mean?" My grandma asks.

My mom thinks for a moment.

"Well, you know, yoga is used to let out the negative energy and to receive positive energy. You let your soul be free, and to receive positive signals from the world. Your soul calms down after that, and you are full of positivism. Then, you are ready to face everything." My mom says dramatically, waving her hands in the air.

Grandma just stares at her, with a look on her face like she's trying to say: we, like a family, are all smart. What happened to my daughter?

I can't help but laugh at her expression. After my mom ends her dramatic speech, she turns around to see grandma staring at her, with a 'are you crazy' look.