19. Realisation

Amelia's POV.

I was taken by surprise. I mean, what did just happen?! I couldn't believe it.

Leonardo kissed me. And I returned the kiss.

Do you even call 'a kiss' a smash on the lips which lasted only five seconds? Well, call it one or not, he kissed me. And I am still shook, looking at him into his eyes as surprised as he is looking at me too. My breath is stuck in my throat and it feels like my heart has stopped beating. Meanwhile, Leonardo is looking at me like he can't believe what he just did. Or at least it looks like that to me.

I remove my gaze from him, looking everywhere in the room except him. I cough awkwardly and take a look again at him for two seconds, but he hasn't removed his gaze from me. Then, he opens his mouth and speaks.

"I'm sorry."

My head snaps at his direction. My eyes widen. I was expecting everything but an apologise.

"W-what?" I barely find my voice to speak.

He sighs. "I'm sorry for what just happened. I don't even know why I did that."

I think for a reply but all I say is: "It's okay, I'm sorry too."

He furrows his eyebrows. "What are you sorry for?"

"You know... For... Returning the kiss." I awkwardly whisper the last part. Leonardo understands what I mean and just nods. "We better sleep now, it's almost 2 am."

"Yeah, we better do..." Leonardo gets up from the ground and extends his hand towards me to help me get up. I hesitate at first but then grab it, his touch leaving a tingling sensation on my skin. He gets his guitar with him and makes his way to his bedroom. "Good night, Amelia."

"Good night, Leonardo."

I make my way to my own room and lie on the bed. No matter how hard I try to fall asleep, as soon as I close my eyes, the moment of us kissing shows up in my mind. I can't help but think about that kiss.

Why did he kiss me?

This question floods in my mind for the next hours. It was because of the atmosphere obviously, I think. Or maybe it was because our faces were just an inch apart and the hormones kicked in. Or maybe he kissed me because he was used to doing this with the other girls too.

But then again, why did it feel so real? And why can't I get my mind off that moment? It looks like this question is going to haunt me for the rest of the night, or morning may I say...

***

I wake up (if I even slept) to the sound of my alarm beeping. It is 7:05 am, since it's Wednesday and Leonardo needs to go to the company, and I should prepare him his coffee. I wear a black hoodie and a pair of baby blue jeans, and white Nike sneakers. I let my natural straight hair down and throw it behind my shoulders. I spray some perfume and go to the kitchen. When I go there, I already find Leonardo dressed in his business suit and drinking his coffee. I fake cough to let him know I'm in the kitchen, and he turns around to face me. We awkwardly look at each other for a moment, before breaking the gaze.

"Good morning." He says.

"Morning." I reply. "Um, why did you make the coffee by yourself? I was about to prepare it right now."

"It's okay, I woke up a little early today and you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up."

"Well, you should have woken me up, because I'm your housekeeper and this is my job, and that's why I'm getting paid." I say a little harshly, reminding him and myself that I'm just a housekeeper.