4. Princess

Amelia's POV.

He raises his head and gazes at me.

I do the same.

Okay, where is the hidden camera? Is this some kind of joke?

"Mr. Rich." I mutter under my breath.

"What are you doing here?" He demands.

"I can ask the same question to you too."

"Well, I asked you first so you have to answer." He says, getting up from the chair and walks towards me.

"Well, I..."

"Are you following me?" He cuts me off.

What the hell?

"Me? Following you?" I raise my eyebrows. "I have more important things to do than following you." I touch his chest with my finger.

He bents his head down, looking at my finger, then raises his head up to look straight into my eyes.

I immediately let my hand fall to my side.

"So?" He raises his eyebrows, waiting for my answer.

"You first." I order.

He rolls his eyes.

"The woman laying there... She is my grandmother." He sighs.

My eyes widen.

"Your grandmother?" I whisper-shout.

"Yeah, so now tell me what are you doing in my grandmother's room?" His voice serious and authoritative.

I let the information sink in my head.

From all the persons living in this big world, this cockhead has to be Mrs. Darwin's grandson?

"Hey!" He snaps his fingers in front of my face. I jump in surprise and open my mouth to speak.

"Well, um, I'm..."

"Leonardo?" We hear a voice, interrupting our conversation.

Mr. Rich turns his head to face Mrs. Darwin, half-smiling at us. She finally woke up, thank God!

"Grandma!" Mr. Rich, I guess his name is Leonardo, runs towards her bed and hugs her. She kisses the top of his head.

"You are here!" She whispers. "I missed you so much my little boy. I haven't seen you in two months."

"I missed you too grandma." He kisses her cheek, holding her hand.

"What happened to me? Where am I?" She looks around the room and then she realises she is in the hospital.

"Why am I here?" She demands, a worried expression all over her face.

"Grandma, don't worry, you just fainted, it's nothing serious." He smiles at her, but I can see that that smile is full of pain and worry.

"Oh... Amelia, you are here too?" Mrs. Darwin smiles when she realises my presence. She looked so happy when she saw Mr. Rich and didn't realise someone else was in the room too.

"Come here, dear!" She says.

I sit on a chair, next to where Mr. Rich is sitting. We both exchange looks, not really sure what to say or how to act. Now that I learned that he is Mrs. Darwin's grandson, I feel a little ashamed for acting that way before with him, but he totally deserved it. Also I feel bad for Mrs. Darwin, for having a dickhead as her grandson.

"Well, I see you have met my grandson Leonardo McConnell. He is my daughter's son." She points her head at Mr. Rich. "Leonardo, this is Amelia Montero, a sweet and kind girl who has taken care of me these past three years." She continues.