15. Promises

Leonardo's POV.

I watch as Amelia leaves, scared, with tears falling down her cheeks. I yelled at her, but it was her fault. Doesn't she know that eavesdropping is not a good thing? I was talking something private with Jennifer and she had no right no hear it. But, to be honest, I exaggerated with my reaction. Yeah, it wasn't a good thing from her side, but I shouldn't have yelled that bad at her. It is partly my fault.

I throw a look at Jennifer who is watching me with her red puffy eyes, because she was crying earlier. I still can't believe that Jennifer said those words. That she's in love with me.

For the past years, since we were little, I never saw her in any other way, except as my little sister. We have been friends since we were little, and even when our parents wanted to convince us to be a couple, we laughed it off and told them that we would never be something more than friends. But here she was now, confessing her love to me. She said that she is in love with me. I couldn't believe it. I never noticed it. I thought she saw me as her big brother too, and I didn't even understand that her feelings had grown into something more than that.

Today morning, when I woke up with Jennifer by my side, (and we were naked), I felt like the sky fell on my shoulders. I couldn't believe it. My head was pounding from all the alcohol I drank the night before, and as if it wasn't enough, a stronger headache started to form when I saw Jennifer naked beside me. Suddenly, she slowly opened her eyes and smiled.

Yeah, smiled.

I should've understood in that moment that it was something that she didn't regret happening, but of course sometimes I have to be so stupid. I got up quickly and wore my clothes and told her that what happened was a mistake. Her smile fell from her face and she covered herself with the blanket. While I was explaining to her that it was a mistake and no one should know anything about it, she just agreed, wore her clothes and left early in the morning. Then she explained to me later that night that she loved me and didn't regret doing such thing with me.

I should've noticed her feelings, but I didn't...

Frustrated, I run my hand through my hair. Jonah turns at me, and with an angry glare towards me he starts yelling.

"Why do you have to yell for everything? You always make my sister sad or cry. That is not very nice of a man like you. Haven't you learnt to not make a girl cry?" And with that he leaves, and I guess he's running after his sister.

Jennifer touches my arm slightly, and I flinch. "Leonardo..."

"Not now, Jennifer!" I say, my voice hard and authoritative.

She sighs. "No, this is the perfect time. I said that I was in love with you, and you don't even bother to consider my feelings."

"Enough!" I growl. "We'll talk about this another time." I make my way to leave and go find Amelia.

"See?!" Jennifer yells behind me. "You're doing the same thing again!"

I freeze in my spot, and slowly turn my head. "What do you mean?"

She bursts into tears once again. "You always choose someone else over me. You did the same thing with Tamara, now you're doing again the same thing, but this time with Amelia! You always choose someone who doesn't love you more than herself. But I do, Leonardo. I love you more than myself, and I will always choose you over anyone else, even myself. But you never saw it... Because you're too busy loving girls who will never love you as much as I do!"

I don't know what to say. I am frozen, my tongue tied. Her words hurt, and are partly true. I never loved anyone more than Tamara, but now with Amelia and Jennifer on the other side...