13. Love and friendship

Amelia's POV.

"What the hell was that?" I whisper to myself, walking around the park.

I was really surprised (and ashamed) when I saw that Leonardo was kneeled in front of me, holding my hand, our fingers intertwined. I didn't even realise until I saw Jennifer's deathly glare towards our hands. I was... really ashamed.

I couldn't think of anything in that moment, so I decided to leave for a walk. However, Leo and Jennifer are lovers, I don't want to be a problem for their relationship. As far as I've known Jennifer, she is a really jealous type, and I've seen that from the first day I've moved here. She wants Leonardo all to herself, not that I am going to take him away from her or something.

But again, when I felt his hand on mine, I felt like something was burning inside of me. When he looked me in the eyes, it looked like he was trying to say: I'm here, I won't leave you.

But once again, why would he say that? He's my boss -kinda- and he has a girlfriend. I don't want to destroy relationships, especially not his.

Why would I destroy his relationship anyway? It's not like I love him, let alone him being in love with me.

Alright, stop with the deep thinking.

I check the time and it is almost 8 pm. I should turn back home, it's getting dark. I make my way to the apartment, and once I open the door, I see my brother on the couch asleep.

He fell asleep again in here, I think to myself. This might be his favourite place to sleep. I carry him to our room and place him carefully on the bed. I kiss his forehead and get out of the room. When I pass Leonardo's room, I hear some ruffled voices. I want to open the door slightly and hear what they are talking about, but that would be eavesdropping. I decide to not do it, but as always curiosity gets the best of me and I open the door slightly.

I slowly take a peek, and what I see next makes me to find the Holy Water to unsee it! Jennifer and Leonardo are naked under the sheets and kissing slowly, passionately. She whispers something in his ear and he laughs, grabbing her by her hair and bringing her mouth back to his. Hurrying to get out of there as soon as possible, I kick a vase accidentally. It drops and breaks into pieces, creating a loud noise. Not moving, I raise my head and I see that both Leo and Jennifer are looking at me.

Ashamed for the hundredth time today, I run out of there and go to the living room. Suddenly, I feel sick, like I'm going to puke. I really did see Leo having sex with Jennifer... I don't know why I feel like I want to rip her hair out of her head, it just doesn't feel right to me. How could Leonardo fall for a bitch like her, he deserves better.

Not wanting to think about this anymore, I go to my room and lie down on my bed. I try to close my eyes and sleep, but their images of kissing and cuddling don't leave my mind.

Oh god, what will I do now?

****

The next morning was... awkward. When my brother was around I would talk to him just so the situation would be a little, you know, not awkward. But when my brother left for school and there was just me and Leo left in the apartment because Jennifer left early in the morning, but like really early, we would just look at each other for a second or two and never speak a word.

"So, I'm leaving now." Is all that Leonardo says, before grabing his briefcase and leaving.

"Bye!" I say, more like whisper.

Great, now I was alone in the apartment and I could keep myself distracted by doing the chores. One, two, three hours pass and I didn't even realise until my phone goes off. I accept the call immediately, not really looking who called me.