1

TJOAIC 1 - I SUDDENLY BECAME WANYI ZHUANG (突成庄婉仪)

"Wanyi" (婉仪) isn't part of the main character's name. It's her title/rank in the imperial harem. Her actual name is Zhuang Laoyan.

Someone once said that if a person's ancestor from eighteen generations ago performed a terrible act, they would transmigrate into a world where they must live as an imperial concubine. In that event, there's only two paths that person could take: either teach the emperor how to love, or be killed by him or the harem members.

Zhuang Laoyan laughed at the person who had come up with such a thought. They must have had problems with their brain. She quickly understood what to do. In this world, anything could happen; there just needed to be a reason.  

Come March, the bloom of the peach blossoms could be described in one word: beautiful. Yet only in the imperial harem would the beauty of its inhabitants eclipse those of flowers.

Imperial concubines that were either beautiful, pampered, or charming passed by the empress' palace, their palace maids trailing behind them. As they did, they caught sight of someone kneeling on the ground. And they indulged in schadenfreude.   

"Master..." said Xieyu in a low voice, a servant ofJieyu Zhuang (mc's illegitimate  sister). The servant's gaze left the woman kneeling before them, and feeling a bit afraid, she watched her master's expression.  

With indifference, Jieyu Zhuang sent a glance at her clothes. "Look at her cowering in a ball from fear. Does she even know what she looks like right now?" After watching Xieyu rise to her feet, she turned back to the woman who was kneeling. She let a smile spread across her lips, one that did not quite touch her eyes. "This sister of mine is arrogant. Now she has lost all her face. It's better that one learns something."  

As Xie Yu saw the glee in Jieyu Zhuang's eyes, her back began to sweat. No matter how it's put,Wanyi Zhuang was her master's sister. Although they were not born from the same mother, they were still blood-related. Yet the master did not hold any regard for their relationship.

In the past, the emperor had favored that Wanyi Zhuang for a few days. But she let it get to her head and forgot her identity. She lost the emperor's favor, then lost her demeanor in front of the empress's procession. Through the grapevine, she had also fallen ill yesterday. And now she was bound to this fate, forced to kneel in front of everyone by the empress' courtyard.  

Zhuang Laoyan's knees ached like no tomorrow. It was at this moment that she realized that she could no longer be a bystander in the previous Zhuang Laoyan's pursuit. The pursuit for promotion in the harem. For she had suddenly taken that person's place as an imperial concubine the emperor disliked.

Let's not dwell on whether she's favored or lacked favor. If one were to put it bluntly, she was only a fifth-rank wanyi. In this imperial harem where girls outnumbered flowers, any person with a higher rank than her could stomp her to death. Once within the imperial harem, women without a powerful background or the emperor's affection would not have a good future. Zhuang Laoyan sighed.

She carefully used her wide sleeves to rub at her knees. Then she lifted her head, reading the sign that hung above the palace doors. Jingyang Palace. This was the empress's abode. The place where every woman in the palace dreamed of living.

Her mind holding memories that did not belong to her, Zhuang Laoyan felt a bit of a headache. She once again lowered her head so that no one could see the frown sliding across her face. After picking up a new life, she would not allow others to step on herself.

However, what did her eighteen generations of ancestors do to put her in this situation? Out of nowhere, she became someone who had to kiss the emperor BOSS' ass. Not only that, she became someone who was too weak to fight with others.