29

TJOAIC 29 – LIGHTNING STRIKE (雷劈)

DECEMBER 28, 2019 SLEEPCHASER 11 COMMENTS

Thank you so much to my patrons Michelle S.Selena G.Oyinkansola O.Hafsa A., Pitcch,  KimberlyElena P.AvalonAngel79Laetitia,Auresta, Reisha R.Nur A. B.Nazneen H.MichelleTangerine and last but not least Jennifer B.! Love you guys!

“Master!” Tingzhu stood outside the net-curtains of Zhuang Laoyan’s bed. Zhuang Laoyan could not see her expression clearly, but from her voice, she could tell something bad had occurred.  

“What‘s going on?” Zhuang Laoyan breathed in. She let Tinghze lift the net-curtain as she pleased, listening to the sound of rain outside the window. Lightning and thunder gave the night an even more frightening appearance.  

“This slave seems to have heard a scream from the outside.” Tingzhu drew her brows together. “But this slave is ignorant of the circumstances.”  

“It’s thundering and raining heavily tonight. We did not hear anything,” said Zhuang Laoyan lowly after a long while. “Tonight, no one is allowed to leave.” Whether the scream had something to do with her or not, she definitely would not go outside. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, she said, “You can go back to sleep.”   

Tingzhu could not stop worrying. “But if someone deliberately—” 

“There are no idiots in the palace. His Majesty can tell what is right and wrong.” Zhuang Laoyan was very satisfied with Tingzhu’s attentiveness. She did not even light the candles. It appeared she did not want others to know she had gone to speak with Zhuang Laoyan. “In such heavy rain, who would step foot outside?”  

Tingzhu nodded. She glanced out the window, where thunder rang and lightning streaked the skies. She retreated without a sound.  

Lightning flashed and thunder roared throughout the night. Early the next morning, the sun finally appeared. Gao Dezhong woke up early and waited outside the emperor’s resting palace, waiting for the emperor’s order to enter. During this period, he watched as a young eunuch with a frightened expression rushed over.    

“General Manager Gao, three corpses were found in Master Zhao’s peach forest. Master Zhao and her accompanying palace maids were all extremely frightened. Presently, an imperial physician is examining her.”  

The moment Gao Dezhong had heard those words, he immediately furrowed his brows. What’s going on with the peach forest these past two days, that people keep dying there?  

Right at this moment, a sound from the emperor’s inner chamber. Gao Dezhong said in a low voice, “This matter should be kept secret for now. Quickly inform Her Majesty, the empress.” This situation could be a small thing or a huge thing depending on how they dealt with it. It was difficult to manage. Then he led a crowd of palace maids and eunuchs within the chamber.  

After the emperor was fully dressed, Gao Dezhong bent down to fix the ends of the emperor’s robes. Who would have known that at that time, the emperor would open his mouth.    

“What happened outside?” Feng Jin stretched out his arms perpendicular to his body, the palace maids to his sides adjusting his sleeves.  

“This slave has heard that Master Zhao suffered a scare. Presently, an imperial physician has already arrived at Taoyu Pavilion,” said Gao Dezhong, taking care with each word.  

“Suffered a scare?” Feng Jin frowned. “What happened?”  

“This slave has heard that early in the morning, when Master Zhao took a stroll in the peach garden, she discovered three corpses. As such, she suffered a fright and fainted.” After Gao Dezhong finished adjusting the ends of the robes, he retreated to the side.