68

TJOAIC 68 - SEEKING REVENGE FOR THE SMALLEST GRIEVANCES

Zhuang Laoyan looked at her elder sister from a different mother, a trace of happiness on her face. "Has Elder Sister mostly recovered from your illness? I have some more nourishing medicine in my palace. In a little while, I'll have Yunxi send some over to you."  

"Those medicinal ingredients are extremely precious," said Jieyu Zhuang, curtsying. "This concubine still has some left over. Your Highness the xianrong need not bestow any more."

"This palace almost forgot. You two are actually sisters." Noble Consort Shu glanced at the two in a meaningful manner.    

Jieyu Zhuang's expression changed a hint as she performed a curtsy for Noble Consort Shu. "This concubine is not as beautiful as Her Highness the xianrong. It's only natural Your Highness Noble Consort Shu does not remember this."

"Perhaps Elder Sister has forgotten. Back then, when Xianrong Zhao first entered the palace, I said she looked similar to Jieyu Zhuang," said Xiuyi Su with a smile. "However, for some reason, Xianrong Zhao and Jieyu Zhuang no longer stayed together later on. As such, you forgot that they were sisters."     

Such words overtly and secretly pointed to Zhuang Laoyan not helping her sister, her heart ice cold. Everyone pretended to choose a hairpin, not wanting to get involved. Consort Rou shot a look of disdain at Xiuyi Su. This one thought she and Noble Consort Shu had a good sisterly relationship. But she's merely stupid dog in front of Noble Consort Shu.    

Feng Jin noticed the movements behind him. Turned his head to look. He saw Zhuang Laoyan standing in front of Xiuyi Su with a stiff smile. And from the corner of his eyes, he caught sight of Jieyu Zhuang standing in a corner expressionlessly. In a light manner, Feng Jin said, "Wasn't Jieyu Zhuang ill? Why is she able to come outside?"

His voice wasn't loud, but everyone was able to hear it. In a flash, Jieyu Zhuang paled. The emperor's words clearly held the intention of spurning her, foreordaining that she would never have a day where she could climb back up.  

The empress noticed the emperor's hard-to-read expression. She supported the Moutan Peony hairpin by her temples and smiled. "Your Majesty, today is the Birthday of the Flowers. The imperial concubines must offer sacrifices to the flower deity. Perhaps Jieyu Zhuang came out today because she has already recovered." She was well aware that Jieyu Zhuang's "illness" was merely the excuse the emperor used for removing her name tag from the selection. She simply wasn't ill at all. Now that the emperor had said such words to her, it truly did not give her any face.     

Glancing at Zhuang Laoyan in a thoughtful manner, the empress smiled in ridicule in her heart. This Zhuang Laoyan had actually entered the emperor's heart. Otherwise, why would the emperor protect her like this?   

"Your Majesty, Elder Sister has just recovered. Today, the weather is pleasant. Coming outside for a breath of air isn't a bad idea." Zhuang Laoyan approached the emperor and curtsied. "It's not good to keep Elder Sister shut inside, despite your honored self doing this out of loving her dearly."  

Feng Jin's gaze fell upon Zhuang Laoyan. Her smile was infectious. "You're even more knowledgeable in medicine than the imperial physicians." Then he selected a hairpin with a pomegranate flower. One from a tray a palace maid held next to him. He made his way in front of Zhuang Laoyan. Removed the pink lily hairpin from her temple. Then he slipped the pomegranate flower into her hair. "We remember you really like eating pomegranates. Perhaps this pomegranate flower is most suitable for you."  

Zhuang Luoyan supported the pomegranate flower in her hair. Tilted her head, beaming. "Your Majesty only remembers that this concubine likes to eat pomegranates. But this concubine also likes peach blossoms."