CHAPTER 67

BO-YOUNG

"Is he moving out without me? No, he's not like that. He'd never do that. He could be renovating the apartment, or maybe he's bought a new place without telling me. Alternatively, he could be abandoning me forever, thus making me homeless again. No, no, no. He isn't like that. I'm spiraling," I think to myself.

I sit back down onto his bed, my eyes never leaving the small stack of boxes.

"He'll explain, and it'll all be alright. There is a reason why he hasn't told me and why he's been keeping this a secret. I'm intruding. I shouldn't know this." My thoughts run wild again as I begin to lose control of my train of thought. I deliver a swift slap to my cheek, reigning in my thoughts.

I shouldn't be freaking out over this – I trust him. I know he'd never do anything to purposefully harm me or bring me anxiety. There is a reason, and I'm sure it's a bloody good one.

I walk to the window, treading through the papers which are still strewn across his floor. I look out onto the small alleyway a few stories below me. I can't jump out because I'd get seriously injured, and even if I could safely do so, I wouldn't have the keys to get back in. I can't wait around for him to get back, though. He'll be gone for another seven-ish hours. I could break the door.

My plans are interrupted as a light catches my eye. On the nightstand is my get-out-of-jail-free card – his phone. Jungkook's ringtone plays as it vibrates; the caller's name is displayed brightly on the screen. I scramble over the bed, hastily grabbing the phone and answering it.

"Jungkook!" a familiar deep voice calls out. "Jimin just told me that you won't be here for New Year's."

"Taehyung, you beautiful bastard! I need your help," I say, relief washing over me.

"Bo-young? Where's Jungkook? Are you alright?" Taehyung asks, the confusion evident in his voice.

I hum a yes. "Jungkook just left to work in a hurry, and I'm stuck behind a locked door with no escape."

"How did-" Taehyung begins.

"Don't ask, please," I plead through the phone. "Could you come to Jungkook's and help?"

I hear Taehyung sigh. "I'm at work right now, but I can send Hobi."

"Thank you!"

An hour or so later, I hear the front door unlock. I hear Hobi call out to me from behind the door.

"I'm in Jungkook's room! It's locked," I tell him. I hear him mutter an okay as he tries to open the door, but to no avail.

"Bo-young~" I hear him coo from the other side of the door. I have a feeling that I won't like what's to come. "I'm going to have to break the door~" he continues.

"Hobi, no. No! Jungkook would know-" I begin, but my protests fall on deaf ears as I hear the cracking of bones from the living room.

Hobi's shift sounds painful – the loud cracking of his bones mixing in with the muffled grunts of pain he lets out.

Soon, it stops, and everything becomes nearly silent. I back away from the door. I can faintly hear loud huffs from the other side of the door, large padded paws pressing against the floorboards – Hoseok's claws making small scratches on the wood. I hear something nudge the door.

Suddenly, it's ripped off its hinges as the hulking figure of a full-grown male brown bear stumbles into the room, having rammed into it.

Small black eyes, beady by nature and framed by a large circular head, stare at me as the large circular ears atop his head twitch. A bear is a horrible sight for a bunny hybrid to see, or any bunny as a matter of fact. My instinct tells me to shift and run, and it takes all of my concentration to keep myself from doing so.

In moments like these, I understand why full humans are cautious of hybrids. I understand how they struggle to recognize the humanity in a predatory animal's eyes, even if it's still the same person as the hybrid is in their human form. Even I struggle with reminding myself that this is Hoseok – a friend.

He seems to notice the struggle in my eyes, for he cautiously backs up off the door and into the living room, where I hear his bones crack once more. It takes him a moment to dress again.

Once he's fully clothed, he emerges again through the doorway to find me staring at where he was, unmoving. I snap out of it when he gently places his hand on my shoulder. My ears, which were pressed flatly against my head mere moments ago, spring up.

"Hoseok," I greet him, my racing heart slowing as my adrenaline dissipates.

His worried look disappears as I return to normal.

"Bo-young," he greets back. "Can you tell me why you were locked in Jungkook's room?"

"... Fuck." 

STRAY // JJK x HYBRID (bunny)✔️ Re-Writingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें