CHAPTER 47

BO-YOUNG

"So, do you fancy any dessert?" Junkook asks me as we finish off the last of our pizzas. "I know I do," he adds, leaning back on his chair lazily.

"When do you not?" I ask rhetorically. Jungkook smiles as he stares into the distance.

"You've got a point," he chuckles. "I heard this place has good tiramisu. It's not got a lot of options, though."

I flip through the menu until I reach the last page, which lists four different dessert options.

I say: "Cheesecake seems pretty good too."

Jungkook shrugs. "It does, but then again..." he pauses before making a grand gesture with his hands, "tiramisu."

I chuckle at his antics. "Well, if you insist, then I'll go with tiramisu. I do have to warn you, though. If I'm disappointed, I will maim you."

"I feel so threatened," Jungkook jokes.

Jungkook beckons the waiter and promptly orders our dessert. The man takes away our empty plates and seemingly glides off into the back room behind the bar.

We don't talk much as we wait. Silence seems to fall all around the large room as the band begins to play a calmer, more somber tune that sounds a bit more like smooth jazz.

Our orders arrive, but not how I had expected. The waiter places two saucers with medium-sized clip top jars that have been left open in front of us. Inside the circular glass jar is the tiramisu. You can see all of the layers piled up on top of each other. On the top is a layer of cocoa powder in which there is a small, round biscuit.

We both dig in, picking off the small biscuit from the top before taking a spoonful of the tiramisu. It's as good as Jungkook told me it'd be. The cream, ladyfingers, and coffee all mixing to make the perfect dessert. When most people go wrong when making tiramisu by making it too sweet, whoever made this, managed to balance the chocolate and the coffee. It's not too bitter or too sweet; it is ideal.

I let out a sigh of satisfaction. Jungkook looks up from his dessert to me with a smile on his face.

"See, didn't I say it'd be worth it?" he grins. I look up at him, raising an eyebrow.

"In fact, you didn't. You tried to convince me with a sub-par sales pitch until I agreed," I laugh. Jungkook glares at me playfully.

"Still, you can't say you regret it. You should be thanking me and my 'sub-par sales pitch.'"

I stop for a moment before nodding.

After finishing our desserts and Jungkook paying, we leave. The evening isn't as cold as the ones before. The wind, although still cold, isn't as bitingly chilling as it's been before. The moon has risen long ago and is now above us, shining proudly in its crescent form. The stars are out, but they're not too visible through the thin veil of clouds.

Jungkook walks out after me, looking up into the sky as I did. He sighs contently before gesturing for me to follow him.

"So, would you prefer to walk or to take a taxi," Jungkook asks.

"It's only a 20-or-so-minute walk, right?" I ask, to which Jungkook nods. "Then I'd prefer to walk. It's a lovely night. I'd love to see more of it. Maybe the clouds will move away and we could see the stars more clearly."

"I hope so," Jungkook replies as he turns to me for a moment. "Shall we?" he says as he gestures to the street stretching out ahead of us.

We begin to walk in content silence. Few people pass us, and most places are closed by now. Sometimes a car passes us, speeding off to wherever their destination is. Then Jungkook breaks the silence.

"Did you enjoy it?" he asks.

"I did, so thank you," I smile as I walk beside him. "We should do it again sometime."

I look at Jungkook to find him smiling widely, the slight redness on his cheeks visible in the light of the streetlamps.

"Next time I'll take you out. It'll not be as expensive or fancy as this, but I'll find a way to sort something out," I tell him. "I can't have you paying for everything."

"Sounds nice. If you need any funds, then-"

"Shut it, bunny-man. I'll sort it out," I chuckle as I lightly smack him on the arm. Jungkook laughs.

"Okay, okay. I get it. I'll leave it to you then," he says.

We make our way home, now chatting lightly about whatever comes to mind. Sooner than later, the familiar building comes into view. Our pace quickens as we approach the doors.

As we go inside, we're overtaken by the warmth. I hadn't noticed how cold I was until now. Jungkook leads me upstairs to his apartment.

It's dark inside since all the lights are out. Jungkook walks through the vestibule and switches on a small lamp that lights everything up nicely. We take off our outdoor gear and make our way to the couch.

"When will your work start again?" I ask.

Jungkook thinks for a moment before answering. "I still have tomorrow free. Then it's two weeks of work before the holiday."

"And when the holiday comes, I'll get to meet your friends," I say, excitement bubbling up within me.

"Exactly. You won't believe the Christmas meals Jin and Yoongi cook up. You're going to be stuffed," he tells me, seemingly able to rant on about his friends forever.

"Jin and Yoongi. I remember you mentioning them. So, it's confirmed, then? Jin will be back for Christmas?" I ask.

"Yes, it's confirmed. Good thing too, because if Jin wouldn't be back for Christmas, we'd not have as good of a meal," he says jokingly. "We'd all be livid."

"Where will it be? Christmas, that is. I doubt you all could fit in here, so it's probably elsewhere," I say.

"You'd be surprised. We've had it here a couple of times, but it's a rarity. This year we agreed to have it at Namjoon's since he has the largest apartment," he tells me.

"Sounds nice. What about Jimin?" I ask unsurely.

"He's been invited. We've just got to see whether or not he'll show up. I doubt he'll stay home, though. He misses Jin just as much as the rest of us."

It's quiet for a moment before Jungkook gets up, heading to the bathroom. "It's late, we should head off to bed."

I nod as I get up too, huffing as my legs ache slightly from the walk. 

(AN: I don't know if you can tell, but I've been facing a huge writer's block recently. I rushed through the restaurant part in this chapter because I couldn't write it. This chapter took me so long because I kept re-writing it. It always just seemed so boring, so I decided to end it in this chapter.)

(The next chapter will feature more christmas lights and more banter~)