CHAPTER 63

(AN: I apologize in advance.)

BO-YOUNG

"It's obviously a Christmas movie!" Hoseok challenges after the third movie we've watched ended. First was Home Alone, which is objectively a Christmas movie. Second was How the Grinch Stole Christmas – the Jim Carrey one – which is also objectively a Christmas movie. The third one, which we just finished and is now causing controversy, is The Nightmare Before Christmas.

"No- What?" Taehyung begins, but he cannot continue.

"It has Christmas in its name!" Hoseok continues unrelentingly, moving his hands animatedly as he defends his opinion. Soon, the group is split.

Hoseok, Jin, and Jungkook loudly elaborate on their stance, arguing that it is a Christmas movie, while Taehyung, Yoongi, and Jimin argue back with fervor, convinced that it's a Halloween movie. Namjoon frantically tries to make the point that it has elements of both, and thus can be interpreted either way and both views are valid, but to no avail. The group has devolved into chaos once again, but this time Namjoon can't seem to de-escalate it. I sit on the couch alone now that all the boys are standing, watching the chaos unfold.

"It's primarily set in Halloween town, and the vibes are all spooky," argues Taehyung, his tone unwavering.

"But it's about embracing Christmas," responds Jungkook.

I tune them out, fairly disinterested in the obvious debate. I lounge on the white couch, constantly shifting due to the discomfort of sitting on a light-colored couch that no man could understand. I end up sitting on my legs, resigning myself to my fate of having numb legs. I scroll idly through the movies displayed on Netflix despite not wanting to watch anything more.

"Bo-young!" I hear my name be called out from the muted mess of men. I turn my attention to them. I find that Jungkook is the one who called for me.

"Yes?"

"You agree with me, right? The Nightmare Before Christmas is a Christmas movie," he says, coaxing me to join him on the side where he and those who share his opinion stand. Hoseok mimics Jungkook, outstretching his hands and gesturing for me to join them, a goofy grin on his face.

"Shortie!" Taehyung calls out from the other side. "You need to settle this debate. Also, unrelated, but remember when I helped you get that gallery space for Jungkook? Remember how good friends we are."

The two groups are now separated by the black leather ottoman in front of the middle of the couch. I am seated in the middle, my legs resting on the ottoman as I listen to the guys. I turn to Jungkook, whose eyes light up when he sees me stand up and face him.

"Sorry, homeslice, but I've got to disagree with you on this one," I say coldly, a playful smile dancing on my lips. Jungkook's face shatters in surprise and betrayal. I walk to Taehyung, Yoongi, and Jimin's side. Our side erupts in cheers, Taehyung resting his arm over my shoulders as he shouts and bounces, fully enjoying his victory.

Soon, once the sun has fully set to leave the waning moon to rise alone, Jungkook and I depart. We're both laughing when we enter the elevator, the feeling of satisfaction and exhaustion mutual between us.

"So, what did you think of them?" Jungkook asks.

"Loud, but also fun," I tell him solemnly. "Good company to have, especially if you don't want to get bored. Poor Namjoon was really struggling to keep everyone calm."

"He really was. He's not above joining in on the ribbing, though," Jungkook says with a chuckle.

A moment of silence passes between us, only to be broken by the ding of the elevator as it reaches the ground floor.

We walk out of the warmth and into the chilly night air. The cold doesn't bother me as much now that it's not dark. The light coat of snow covering the pavement isn't offensive to the eyes, the moonlight not reflecting off it as harshly as sunlight does.

As I'm looking at the snow, a genius idea pops into my head.

I discreetly grab a handful of snow off the top of the lowered fence we're walking past, which is almost as tall as I am. The crunching of the snow under our shoes marks every second that passes, and with every second, the snow melts more in my hand. I must find a suitable moment soon, otherwise all I'll be left with is a wet hand and no slightly irritated snow-covered Jungkook.

"Kookie," I say sweetly. He looks at me, his large black eyes staring at me with curiosity. I suppress a smile. "You've got something on your face."

"Oh? Where?" Jungkook asks, a smile on his lips. I hide my hands behind my back casually, cringing at the feeling of the cold water dripping down my hands. I need to do it now. I step closer to him, so close in fact that there's definitely no space for Jesus.

"Right-" I wait in suspense. "Here!"

Jungkook catches my arm before the melting snow could hit his face. He leans in, his smile no longer sweet and unsuspecting. He pulls me closer by my arm before whispering in my ear.

"Oh, Bo-young. You're so obvious."