CHAPTER 26

BO-YOUNG

I knock on the vaguely familiar door thrice, clutching a small box with a couple of slices of pizza inside. The door swings open to reveal a tired Hoseok. 

"Why are you here at..." he checks his phone, "three in the morning?" he asks groggily, his voice raspy.

"I brought homemade pizza as a thank you for helping me out earlier today- well, yesterday," I tell him. He nods, yawning afterwards. He moves aside, letting me in. 

As I walk into the plain, modernly furnished house, I see Taehyung. He glances up at me from his computer. He stops typing, and takes off his glasses, placing them next to his laptop. 

"Bo-young!" he cheers quietly, his peculiar box grin spreading across his face. "What brings you here?" 

"I brought pizza. Kook and I made it earlier today," I tell him, placing the box onto the kitchen table. 

Hoseok saunters to the couch, dragging his feet as he walks. I watch as he flops onto it, covering himself with the black blanket draped on the hand rest. 

"Why are you up?- Why is Hoseok up? He looks almost dead," I ask Taehyung as I sit down across from him. 

"I've got a ton of work that I need to get done. I'm making up for the time I spent sorting your papers out. Hoseok was asleep, but he has the weird need to always answer the door," Taehyung laughs quietly, smiling dorkily as he looks at Hoseok, who is now quietly snoring. 

"Ah, I'm sorry 'bout holding you up," I apologize, scratching the back of my neck. 

"The pizza makes up for it," Taehyung says as he puts his glasses back on. 

"Are you sure it's not too much pizza?" 

"Nope. It'll make a good lunch for tomorrow," Taehyung shrugs, starting to type again. "Did he sign the papers?" he asks. 

"He did," I grin. 

"Did you use the pen?" he smiles knowingly. 

"Indeed, we did." 

"Forever home?" he asks jokingly, looking at me through his glasses. 

"Jesus, what's with the cheesiness in this city? It's ridiculous," I complain, laughing quietly. "We're actually going on a trip soon. I don't know exactly where it is, but Jungkook said it was his childhood home. The painting he made is amazing, so I nagged for him to show me the real place."

"His childhood home? I remember that place. He took all of us there a while ago during the summer. It was a farewell trip of sorts for Jin, " Taehyung says, smiling as he reminisces. 

"I really need to meet this Jin someday," I comment. 

"You know, he's always been very selective about who he brings there. He's been avoiding it for a while now too. Consider yourself lucky."

"I already consider myself lucky," I say solemnly, leaning my chin on my hands. I smile, thinking of how fortunate I've been. 

"You should start leaving. Jungkook is a light sleeper. He used to get up between four and five in the morning for a midnight snack when we were in college. I don't know if he still does that, though. It was bloody annoying, " Taehyung laughs.

"You're right," I nod, making my way to the front door. I wave at Taehyung before leaving. Taehyung smiles and waves back. 

The door closes behind me as I make my way down, and to the street.

It's a chilly, windy night. I zip up my jacket, shivering from the cold. The streetlight above me flickers ominously, prompting me to walk faster. The familiar club comes into view, but not many people are outside due to the cold. The obnoxious music is quiet thanks to the closed door. 

"Hey, bunny. What are you doing out here in the cold?" I hear a woman's voice ask from behind me. The flickering light makes it hard to see her. She doesn't sound malicious, but rather friendly. 

"I'm running an errand," I tell her vaguely, my voice quiet and low. My ears, which were upright from the cold, are now pressed against my head. 

"I can bring you somewhere warm. It's getting cold out, you shouldn't stay on the streets," she offers. 

Why does someone always bother me when I'm out alone? 

"I'm fine, I have a home," I explain, moving my scarf to show my collar. "Thanks for the concern, though." 

She comes close to me, looking at the nametag. 

"Bo-young. That's a cute name. If you have a home, then can we be friends?" she asks, oblivious to the fact that she's a stranger who stopped me in the middle of the night under a flickering streetlight. 

"Um-" I look her in the face. She's quite pretty, but it's still sketchy. 

"Oh, yes. Flickering light, middle of the night, I must seem insane," she laughs quietly. "We can meet for coffee tomorrow, so Thursday. If you want, you can bring your owner with you."

Oh, how I hate the word "owner". 

"Sure, we'll see about that. How about you give me your number, and I'll ring you up when I know my schedule," I suggest to her, smiling in an off-put manner, hoping to just be able to go home. 

She looks oddly familiar, now that I can look at her closer. I can't put my finger on it, though. 

A sudden gust of wind sends violent shivers down my spine. I wrap the scarf around my neck again. 

"I'll let you go now. Sorry for stopping you. I just really think bunny hybrids are cute," she chuckles. 

"Ahaa," I laugh awkwardly. "Coolio. Farewell," I say, unable to stop myself from doing finger guns at her before turning away.

"Bye, Bo-young!" she says in a cheery tone. Something is off about her. 

The hairs on the back of my are raises as my back is turned towards her. 

I turn to look behind me to find no one. 

I make my way home as quickly as possible, sprinting down the street until the familiar apartment is in sight. I swing myself up the ladder, not caring about the ice-cold rails. 

1018 words

(AN: This chapter is a bit of a mess. The next one will be more structured.)