CHAPTER 29

BO-YOUNG

"Kookie! Wake up!" I whisper-yell as I gently shake him. Jungkook stirs awake, rubbing his eyes tiredly. 

"Wha-" he begins, but I hurriedly interrupt him. 

"It's time to go. Come on," I pull him up. He slumps limply, groaning. His eyes slowly open. 

"Time to go where?" he asks, his voice annoyed and sleepy. I carefully lift his head, my hands on both of his cheeks. 

"Time to go to the train because somebody was an uncoordinated dolt and chose the wrong departure day," I say, scolding him simultaneously. 

I begin to press his cheeks together to make him look like he's speaking. "Oh yes, I am quite clumsy for an artist. I am deeply sorry, madame," I say in a low voice trying to imitate him, but failing miserably. Jungkook smiles, detaching my hands. 

He sits up, leaning against the headboard. 

"Did I really? How'd you find out?" he asks. 

"N-no time for explanations. Ask me later!" I pull him up and drag him to the bathroom. "Chop chop! Get ready. We need to leave in half an hour." 

Jungkook's eyes widen as he rushes to get ready. Thirty-three minutes later, we're out of the door with our luggage. Sleeves are hanging out of the sides through the gap left by the zipper. 

"I was productive and ordered a taxi. I hope you've got cash on you," I huff as we run to the street. Jungkook and I throw our bags to the back of the taxi before climbing into the back. "To the train station," I wheeze. The taxi takes off. 

"Okay, so tell me. How'd you figure it out?" Jungkook asks, not nearly as winded as I am. 

"You left your phone on the kitchen counter. I couldn't sleep, and I was making bread when a notification popped up alerting you of your train reservation thing," I tell him, not wanting to admit that I was snooping around on his phone. 

"I don't receive alerts from transportation and booking apps," Jungkook says, a small smirk on his face. 

"Fine. I was snooping around on your phone, trying to guess your password based off your password hint. I saw it appear silently," I admit, putting a ridiculous amount of emphasis on "silently". 

"Ah, you went to snoop through my phone?" Jungkook teases. 

"I was bloody bored. Also, you should be thanking me for being a nosy prat. If I hadn't been snooping around, we'd have missed the train," I huff, crossing my arms. Jungkook just smiles fondly. His smile suddenly falls as his eyes widen. 

"I'm going to have to take a few days off from work. I told them I'd be gone for the week, but now I'll have to extend it by two days..." he whines worriedly. 

"Or we could return two days early," I suggest. Jungkook groans before replying. "Plus, weekend."

"But then I'll have to go straight from a holiday to work," he whines childishly. 

"Stop being a baby. It's your fault. Your fat fingers can't press the right departure date," I tease. Jungkook glares at me. 

"Aye, my fingers aren't fat," he defends, waving his fingers in front of my face mystically as if he were casting a spell. 

"Oh shit, you're right," I grab his hand. "You have very skinny fingers. That means there's nothing to blame but your lack of coordination." 

Jungkook snatches his hand back, narrowing his eyes at me. "You cut me deep, Bo-young." 

"Don't be dramatic. Enjoy this short break from work," I gesture around myself. 

The taxi slowly comes to a halt next to a grand brick building with a large clock on the front. It's not on time, but it's magnificent anyways. 

The driver states the price. Jungkook begrudgingly digs through his wallet, grumbling. He hands over the money. 

We step out. All Jungkook seems to be able to say is: "oh, my poor wallet." 

I snort before beginning to speak in a mocking voice. "I'm Jungkook. Buy any phone you want, don't even look at the price. Oh, you want a cheap phone? How about I insist to buy you one that's twice as expensive. By the way, what's a 'repercussion'? I've never heard of it."

Jungkook just glares at me, walking faster as he conceals a grin. I jog to catch up, dragging along my small amount of luggage. 

"I'm Bo-young and I-" he slows his pace as he thinks, "I like snooping through Jungkook's phone?" 

"See, you've got nothing," I state. Jungkook sighs, a smile tugging at his lips. 

We board the train with minutes to spare. Sitting here makes me regret rushing here. I didn't have to jog onto the train, I could have just briskly walked. Then again, this is all in retrospect, so I can't change anything. I wheeze, out of breath from jogging and dragging luggage. Jungkook is huffing, out of breath from trying to drag his two suitcases and folded easel. 

"Here," Jungkook says, passing me a water bottle. I gulp down around half of it before passing it back to Jungkook, who finishes it off swiftly. 

"Where'd you get that?" I ask him, my throat barely sore after gulping all that water. 

"I filled it while you were nervously tapping your foot, rushing me incessantly as if it were the end of the world," he says, leaning back against his uncomfortable leathery headrest. 

"Thank god you're not as nervous as me. Sure, I felt like dragging you out of the house then, but I'd be dead now if not for your cool-headedness," I thank him, mirroring his actions. The headrest is far too high, though, so it's twice as uncomfortable. 

"Are you thankful enough to switch seats with me?" Jungkook asks me, his eyes twinkling with hope. 

"Sure. You could have just asked me for the window seat and I would've given it to you, you know that right?" I chuckle, awkwardly shifting over him as he carefully slides to where I was just sitting. An evil laugh almost escapes me as I realize that he'll have to deal with the too-high headrest. 

I fall onto the seat as the train jolts ahead. It slowly steadies its pace, chugging forward at a steady pace. 

"And we're off!" I cheer.