CHAPTER 41

BO-YOUNG

"It looks great. When we come here next time, we can laugh about how we missed our train because of this," Jungkook says casually. I freeze for a moment before a shiver of panic runs through my body.

"What did you just say?!" I ask him as I jolt up to stand, ready to bolt out of the door.

"I said it looks great," he smiles, a glint of mischief in his eyes. I sigh, slouching back down onto the ground next to him.

"You're pure evil, Jeon Jungkook." I lightly punch him on the arm.

Jungkook gasps, dramatically placing his hand on his heart. "Oh boy, you used my full name. I must be in trouble now," he teases. I smack him again, but he seems unaffected. "Ah, but now we might just be late," he tells me, checking his watch. He still has a smile on his face, but his eyes lack the glint of mischief. I quickly stand up.

"I'll go finish packing," I say as I rush out of the door, not even waiting for Jungkook's reply. As I dart towards my room, I hear Jungkook shout out to me.

"Meet me downstairs in five minutes!"

I throw the rest of my clothes into my suitcase, shoving them in and to the bottom. Four minutes pass, and I'm still not done. I run around the cozy room looking for anything that I might have forgotten. I can hear Jungkook carrying his many bags down the stairs. I walk out of the room, dragging the suitcase behind me. I cautiously go downstairs, wincing every time my heavy luggage hits the stairs as I drag it.

As I turn the corner, I see Jungkook. He's leaning against the door leading to the vestibule, tapping his foot impatiently. He's already dressed to go out, a red beanie donned on his head. When he sees me, he shoots me a quick grin before gathering his bags and pushing the door open.

"You're twenty seconds late," he tells me.

I huff, following him out of the door. "I had to check the room one last time. I'd hate to leave anything behind."

Jungkook chuckles, dropping his bag for a second to check his watch.

"Let's go. The taxi should be waiting for us near the main road," he says before looking at me once more. He squints his eyes and purses his lips. His eyes don't meet mine, they're above my eye-line.

He sighs before taking off his burgundy beanie, placing it on my head before pulling it down, adjusting my long bunny ears under it. His face is a bit too close to mine for my liking. He gives me a fond smile before standing back up and patting me on the head. He then wordlessly continues up the path towards the town.

"Well someone has been watching Acchi Kocchi..." I mutter under my breath as I follow behind him. I have to run to catch up to him. Once I've caught up, I notice that to keep pace, I'd need to jog. 

"For god's sake, could you slow down?" I call out to Jungkook, who promptly slows his pace down.

"Why? Your short legs can't keep up?" he smirks, but I can see that he's out of breath too.

His hair is a bit messy, and I think I can see a drop of sweat traveling down his forehead. If Jungkook looks rough, then I must look like I've gone to hell and back. Somehow, Jungkook manages to still look good, unlike me.

"Ah, you cut me deep. They may be short, but that doesn't mean I can't kick you," I reply with a laugh, moving to kick him but stopping before doing so. Jungkook jumps back before laughing with me.

As we pass through the town, I spot a familiar face.

Jimin smiles at me, before shooting an awkward and slightly guilty smile at Jungkook. Before we pass him, he takes out his phone, pointing at it while looking directly at me. I curtly nod. He wants me to check my text messages.

"What's up with him?" Jungkook asks, bending down to whisper to me.

"Hopefully nothing bad. I think he wants me to text him," I reply, still staring at the spot where Jimin was before he walked away.

"He's being way too dramatic about it," Jungkook whispers before turning around and walking to a sleek car with a taxi sign over it. "He's always been a drama queen."

I snicker at his comment.

Jungkook takes the suitcase out of my hands and lifts it into the back while the taxi driver loads the rest of his luggage into the back. We climb into the back of the taxi. When the cab takes off, I dig my phone out of my pocket.

"Has he texted you?" Jungkook asks as he leans over, trying to peek at my screen.

"Jeez. Jimin may create the drama, but you feed on it," I tease.

Jungkook smiles before responding. "I do have to admit, I've been starved of drama since I cut off Jimin."

"Well, if all goes well then you'll have your primary source of drama back. Let's hope for a full Christmas."

Jungkook smiles, leaning back into his seat. "Let's hope." 

(AN: What a messy chapter~)